AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACE 2013 access violation

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
SamElkink
449 Views, 10 Replies

ACE 2013 access violation

My AutoCAD 2013 crashes constantly, I cannot do more then 10 mins of work without a crash.

Capture.JPG

I think the numbers are not always the same.

I am editing a project I started with ACE 2012

Please help, I have sent numerous reports. This is nearly unusable.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
SamElkink
in reply to: SamElkink

I am running it on a Windows 7 64 bit computer.

Message 3 of 11
Icemanau

Does it crash ONLY when you work on a particular set of dwgs?

Can you work longer than 10m if you start a new dwg directly after startup without opening any old dwgs?

Do you have all updates and hotfixes installed?

Are you having crashes in any other programs?

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 4 of 11
SamElkink
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks for trying to help me Brad

All my drawings were started on an older ACE, and all crash. Seems to crash less often if I close each drawing before opening another one to make alterations.

I have not needed to start a new project, and I am away from my licence server at the moment so cannot test. So I am unsure.

The only hotfix I can find is related to cloud sync warnings, and I have installed this one.

No other programs crash, and my old ACE 2012 worked fine. It is only 2013. I uninstalled 2012, cleaned out everything AutoCAD related (as per recomendations) and installed 2013, (Done this twice).

Thanks

Sam

Message 5 of 11
Icemanau

A couple more questions...

Does a dwg audit do anything, note that this is not the electrical function that checks electrical funcionality but the ACAD one that checks the actual dwg itself for corruption or errors.

If you copy the dwg and work on the copy, does that help?

Have you tried copying and pasting the contents of the dwg to a new dwg and then working on it?

Regards Brad

Message 6 of 11
SamElkink

I opened up my ACE, opened up a drawing and tried the audit, came up with nothing. Opened a second drawing and ran the audit, nothing. Clicked the close button on ACE and it asked if i would like to save each drawing as it was closing, then as it was closing the second drawing I got another Access Violation.

I started a new project and copied 5 of the drawings I was working on (all drawings were created in ACE 2013) into this new project, but still got the same crash.

I have not tried copying everything out of a drawing yet, but the crashes seem to happen more often if I have more then one drawing open, or if I use the previous/next drawing buttons.

Thanks

Sam

Message 7 of 11
Icemanau

Try doing a repair install of ACE. This may fix the problem.

If the repair doesn't work, you may want to try a full re-install. just remember to export your licence before the re-install and import it again after it's finished.

You may also have a hardware problem.

Are any other memory intensive programs crashing? You may have a bad stick of RAM.

Get your IT department to run a disk check to see if there may be any bad sectors on the hard drive as it may be failing.

Regards Brad

Message 8 of 11
SamElkink

Before I wrote on this forum I tried the repair, same issue. Then tried the full clean out (again) and reinstall, same issue.

This crash only started since I started using ACE 2013, ACE 2012 worked without issue.

I have run all the hardware checks and it all comes out clean.

I run Solidworks 2012 that is resource hungry without issue.

I run virtual machines, sometimes two at a time, and never have any issues.This can use up to 9Gb of the 10Gb I have on my machine.

I do not believe this is a hardware issue.

Message 9 of 11
Icemanau

I'm out of ideas then.

Hopefully someone else will be able to help more.

Regards Brad

Message 10 of 11
SamElkink

Thanks for trying to help me Brad.

Hope someone else has seen this problem before.

Message 11 of 11
SamElkink

An update on my issue.... I is still going on.

I recently got a new laptop, Lenovo W530. i7-3820QM, 32Gb Ram, nvidia quatro K2000M, Running Windows 8 Pro 64bit.

I installed autocad just after setting up my new computer, before installing anything else, so I would know I did not have any corruption issues.

ACE immediatly had the same issue as before.

After getting plenty of suggestions but not many helping, there is one thing in particular that can help reduce the crashes.

Close each drawing before opening the next. Including the standard 'Drawing1' that is created when you first open ACE.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue.... I think we are going to switch to Solidworks Electrical soon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost