AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACE 2012 using as mechanical CAD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
230 Views, 2 Replies

ACE 2012 using as mechanical CAD

Hi

From time to time I need to do some mechanical drawings.  Simple drawing of brackets and fixtures.

In the "profile window" there are two profiles by default   <ACADE>   &   <VANILLA>

I made the assumption that I could set the "vanilla" profile for mechanical drawings.  This was some time ago and I forget many of the problems that it caused.

One problem I can recal is that at times a line is interpreted as a wire making the "line" difficult to edit.

I have just completed a mechanical drawing basically just circles, and squares.   But moving assemblies around the piece of paper using "move" some ot the details is not picked up.

So the question is:  Can the VANILLA profile be configured to make it totally independant of ACEDE?

If yes, then how should "VANILLA" profile be confugured?

Thanks  John Q

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

John,

Standard ACAD is installed along with ACE.

If you go to the Start Buton/All Programs/Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical 20XX, you will find that you can run plain ol' AutoCad from here.

Hope that helps,

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: testsubject

Hi Bob

You got me heading in the right direction.

I open ACE and a drawing.  I can select the other profile and swap to that profile.  And vice verser

I can have  different  tool bars in both profiles.

Thanks & Cheers  jq

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost