AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE and undo

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
acade2012
289 Views, 1 Reply

ACADE and undo

We have had issues here with ACADE sometimes not letting us insert components. Once this happens we have no other course but to redo the ACADE profile.

We have been told that using undo after running a LISP routine in ACADE is causing this issue.

Has anyone else seen or heard of not being able to use undo in ACADE.

I use undo ALL the time but this issue only happens from time to time.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: acade2012

No problem with Undo that I'm aware of. In fact, some of the competitors only allow one Undo. It is true that AutoCAD Electrical uses LISP routines to accomplish certain tasks, and thus several clicks of Undo may be necessary to completely undo.

Hint: After undo I recommend a full rebuild of the project scratch database. The Rebuild/Freshen Project Database command was never transferred over to the ribbon menu but you can add it back using CUI editor. I always add it to my Project Tools ribbon panel. You can always type AEREBUILDDB to start it from the command line if you don't add it to the ribbon. Always choose Full Rebuild. This command is very useful if you have used plain AutoCAD Erase. It will ensure that the database manager re-reads the drawing data. It is also helpful in case you have used Windows Explorer to replace a project drawing from a backup. I always do a full rebuild before exporting to Excel because many times the most recent edits made will not have been added/updated in the database and thus do not appear in the export.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost