AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE Terminal Strip Editor issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
testsubject
420 Views, 1 Reply

ACADE Terminal Strip Editor issue

This is something that I have noticed happening whenever I edit the terminal strip.

I use triple level terminals and each level gets it's own terminal number.

During the schematic development, I do not always use all levels but in the panel I need to show all terminal numbers so I renumber the terminal strip in the TSE and insert. Everything is fine so far.

When I go back into the TSE to add another terminal strip, I discover that the strip I previously inserted now has almost doubled in the number of terminals in the strip. I edit this strip and see that the original terminals are in there plus the number of terminals that have been renumbered are also in there without any info in the INT, LOC, DEV, PIN fields.

This also happens whenever I use the TSE to associate terminals (I normally do this in the schematic but sometimes I forget and "catch it" in the TSE.)

Needless to say, this is pretty frustrating when I need to make a small edit to an existing TS. I end up re-inserting and re-ballooning the TS because all the connections are lost.

Has anyone else experienced this? It really has been going on since 2013 (when I noticed it) but I never brought it up before (I have not tested this in 2015 yet…)

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Bob!  I am experiencing a similar issue since version 2013.  I have even seen it with single level blocks.  Sometimes, not always, I stack a strip and then when I go back into TSE at a later time, I see more terminals in the strip than what I intended.  See the attached images.  One is what I stacked originally.  The other is after waiting a few minutes and going back to edit the strip with TSE.  Even the table generator adds the additional blocks.  I have tried completely deleting the blocks from the schematic and panel, and reinserting with a fresh project database, but the problem persists.  This is very frustrating, especially for IEC drawings where the table generator must be used in addition to the graphical strips.

Another issue is that after I delete the extra block and click Rebuild, the software rebuilds the strip at coordinates 0,0 for some reason.

I have reported this to Autodesk along with a dataset for them to troubleshoot with.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost