AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE Still Can't Handle This?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
awallace
592 Views, 6 Replies

ACADE Still Can't Handle This?

From small to large

This seems to be a very basic thing. Anyone know why this isn't easier to do?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: awallace

basic?
Message 3 of 7
rhesusminus

Can't handle what?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 7
drathak
in reply to: rhesusminus

@rhesusminus wrote:

Can't handle what?

Had the same question.  Looks like a terminal block of some sort, but I don't recognize it right off.  Is it the fact that it is multilevel?

'Cause that can be done no problem.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 5 of 7
awallace
in reply to: drathak

What I mean is, two terminals with two wire connections each and a bus bar assignment to jumper between them.

Also it would be awesome Autocade would have the added intelligence of knowing which wire to use based on the terminal connection point (perhaps that could be assigned at the terminal's creation).

Message 6 of 7
dougmcalexander

You can create the jumper two ways. You can use the Edit Jumper command from the Edit Components menu panel. It will be under the fly out menu on the bottom of the menu panel. You will select all terminals you wish to jumper together and you have the option of assigning a part number using Catalog Lookup. The wire number/node never will pass from terminal to terminal via this hidden information added by the Edit Jumper utility.

If you want a visible representation of the jumper so you can see it on the circuit diagram, create a new wire type called Jumper or JumperBar, or whatever applies. The software is hardcoded to ignore wire types with the word jumper in their name, so they don't appear in the wire from/to list and cause confusion. Just connect between the terminals with this Jumper layer. For more about this method visit my web site at www.ecadconsultant.com and click on the tips/tricks page.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
WoHo

Can you please post the manufacturer and part number or a link to the data sheet of that terminal? To get out some more information ...

Wolfgang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost