AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE Freezes during auto wire#

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
212 Views, 2 Replies

ACADE Freezes during auto wire#

hello,

I am using ACADE 2006 and just started to have this problem today after working with it for months.
When I attempt to automatically assign wire numbers on a dwg ACADE locks up and my cpu shoots up to 100%. I have tried rebooting, tried waiting 10 minutes to see if it would eventually recover but nothing works.
Is this an ACADE issue?

tks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

I've not seen this one, but try this: Shutdown ACADE and go to your USER folder and look for the scratchpad database for your project. It will be projectname.mdb. Delete this file. Make a backup if it makes you feel better. ACADE stores all data in the drawings so this database is only used to expedite certain operations. If you had a temporary memory issue with your PC this database could become corrupted. By deleting it ACADE will rebuild it from the drawings when you re-open ACADE. If the problem was with data integrity, it will be repaired. Try to automatically assign wire numbers again now.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That seems to have worked.
thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost