AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE 2014 Publish to PDF Fatal Error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Matt116
899 Views, 4 Replies

ACADE 2014 Publish to PDF Fatal Error

ACADE 2014

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

I've been using the publish to PDF for the last 2 years without any problems then this started all of a sudden.

Steps leading to error:

Activate the desired project

Right click project name and select Publish > Publish to DWF > do all > ok > Publish to > PDF > Publish Options > multi-sheet > then publish.

Some times it prints 2 drawings other times it will print 20 drawings, the file I'm trying to print has 27

then I get this error "FATAL ERROR:  Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at d22e296eh"

I get the same error even if I select single-sheet.

I recreated the DWG to PDF PC3 Plotter config file...still get same error.

I removed then reinstsalled ACADE... still get same error.

I can however control-p on a single drawing and Plott to PDF without issue.

any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
algerj
in reply to: Matt116

Hi Matt,

Sounds like a user permission problem.

Check to make sure that you have read/write access to the plot files.

If you run with UAC (User account control) on try turning it down, giving you more Admin rights.

Any time you see "Unhandled Access Error" it means you do not have adequate permission to access the files.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Message 3 of 5
Matt116
in reply to: algerj

First thanks for the reply.

I thought about that to but I've published this particular project to a multi-sheet PDF 3 times in the past month and then all of sudden I'm getting the error. I can also modify the project and drawings. My permissions on the folder containing the project and drawings is set to full control. Are there some permission settings in autocad?

Message 4 of 5
algerj
in reply to: Matt116

hmmm,

No there are no specific permission controls embedded in AutoCAD.

I would check to make sure that you can edit/ use files in: 

"C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Plotters"

It could be locked by the domain (if your machine is logged on to a domain... it would look like you have permissions but you won't be able to add or remove files)

I have posted my dwg to pdf file, maybe yours got corrupted and wasn't fully wiped away with the last repair/reinstall. 

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Message 5 of 5
Matt116
in reply to: algerj

Yes I can edit my plotters and my PC is not on a domain.

Thanks for the attached PC3 file but the issue still remains... until I can devot more time to this I can print to DWF then use true view to print to PDF.

Thanks for your help

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost