AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE 2012 to 2013

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
STEVENAR
336 Views, 3 Replies

ACADE 2012 to 2013

Hi,

I have recently installed ACADE 2013 on my machine and would like to point my default catalogue and footprint databases to the 2012 databases as I added some custom items into these tables. I have figured out how to added a secondary catalogue table into my project properities. However would prefer 2012 to be the default rather than the secondary file. I am not sure if you can point the footprint database to a secondary file also. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JMARSHALL1249
in reply to: STEVENAR

Its a little while sinve I have used the following but have you not used the Migration Utility to merge all menu settings etc from your previous version to your new version.

Go to 'Projects' / 'Extras', and select Migration Utility.  This copies selected set-ups / menues / look up files from youe old version to the new one.  You probably will find 'Catalogue look-up' is not ticked. If you only want to update Catalog Lookup and Footprints, untick all the columns (except Environment file), then tick Catalog Lookup. In the table, select Merge;Overwrite in column 1. In column 2 enter the path where your previous version of Default_cat.mdb is stored. In column 3, enter the path where your new version of Default_cat.mdb is stored.  Do the same for procedure for your Footprints database. Then click 'OK', and that should start the process.  If it goes wrong, you can always go back to initial installation of your new version using Control panel - 'Programs & Features' - Select the new version you wish to repair, then select 'Uninstall / Change' , 'Repair or Re-install', and follow the prompts. I hope this is useful, and good luck.

Message 3 of 4
STEVENAR
in reply to: JMARSHALL1249

Thanks for that info. I just decided to overwrite the 2013 catalogue and footprint databases with 2012 and took a back-up copy of the 2013 databases. I take it the migration utility is doing the same thing?

Can you also tell me if it's ok to copy over the IEC-60617 symbol library from 2012 to 2013 as this was missed during the installation.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4
JMARSHALL1249
in reply to: STEVENAR

The benefit of using the Migration utility, rather than just copying over your exising one is that you would lose any additional catalogue entries provided as part of the new installation.

There are various 'defaults' set up as part of the new installation, which do not include the IEC-60617 symbol library. You can either copy it across, as you have already done, or updtae your new version to include it.

To install this carry out the following:-

(Using Windows 7)

Go to 'Control Panel', 'Prograns & Features'

Select your new version of AitoCad Electrical

Select 'Add or remove features'

Add or remove Manufacturers databases. Adding a Tick will add the database to that already installed.  Removing a tick will delete it.

Click 'Next'

Now select the Symbol Libraries you require (IEC-60617).  If there is a library already ticked that you do not require, untick it and it will be removed from your installation.

Click 'Next'

Click 'Update'

This will then update your records accordingly.  It may take some time if a number of field have been modified.

If you do not wish to use the migration utility, I presume copying your old databases to your new default folder will keep you where you were.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost