AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE 2011 Catalog lookup slow or not responding; MISC_CAT not accessible.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
bludwitzke
1168 Views, 22 Replies

ACADE 2011 Catalog lookup slow or not responding; MISC_CAT not accessible.

Not sure what is going on here but yesterday opening the new dialog for looking up a catalog part was slow, today it is not responding. I am using a custom catalog database which is shared on a network drive. Also the MISC_CAT check box is grayed out and not accessible. The table exists so why can't I access it. I've switched back to ACADE 2010 to see if the network was causing the issue but it seems to be working normally. I'm not sure I'm liking the new catalog lookup feature in 2011. What are you're experiences with the new catalog lookup?
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
allbenz
in reply to: bludwitzke

Hello, I am having a similiar issue.  Lookup Not Repsonding.  Was this issue resolved?

Thank You

Ben

Message 22 of 23
gtralt
in reply to: allbenz

I just started having the same issue today with AutoCADE 2010. Was this ever resolved?

Thanks,

Greg

Message 23 of 23
allbenz
in reply to: allbenz

No fix.  I had my IT guys remove Windows 7 and load Windows XP.  I couple of things that I came across, was where the database is placed.  If it is on a network drive then it will take longer.  The database can be move up a couple of folders to reduce the time.  Adding more components to the database will take longer.  If the Filter by WDBLKNAM value, in the Parts Catalog window, is not checked maybe the key.  But I couldn't verify it, because I could no longer get into the Parts Catalog. I read that the columns in the database have to be in a certain order.  I changed the columns to the correct order but it had no affect for me.  Good Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost