AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD E 2005 (only) Cable Report Data Missing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jschauer
195 Views, 7 Replies

ACAD E 2005 (only) Cable Report Data Missing

Nate,

I'm resurrecting an earlier topic that we have not resolved as of yet and could use some help. We're having the problem under AE 2005 where certain fields are not reporting (left blank) in the Cable to-from report. Notably, these are:

CBLMISC1CAT (*Conductor)
CABLEQ2CAT (*Gauge)
CBLMISC2CAT (*Insulation)
(*) In our case

Note: We experience no problem reporting these fields under AE 2004 however.

Atttached is a zip file containing a .doc that dipicts a few related screen shots and a sample .dwg file.

I cannot come up with the source from which the above fields are correlated with the "alias" fields in the 2005 version of the "W0" database table. Respectively, these are:

MISCELLANEOUS1
GAUGE
MISCELLANEOUS2

Thank you for any help that you can provide in this matter.
John
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jschauer

John, do these fields have data in your catalog lookup database for the catalog assigned to the cable? These fields in the report are pulled directly from the catalog database at the time of the report. I changed the catalog assignment on the cable in your attached drawing to one in my catalog database, ran the report ,and the fields were filled in. If that isn't the problem maybe you could attach your catalog database file and I can look further. Pat Murnen (Autodesk) "jschauer" wrote in message news:24573918.1099407280900.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Nate, > > I'm resurrecting an earlier topic that we have not resolved as of yet and > could use some help. We're having the problem under AE 2005 where > certain fields are not reporting (left blank) in the Cable to-from report. > Notably, these are: > > CBLMISC1CAT (*Conductor) > CABLEQ2CAT (*Gauge) > CBLMISC2CAT (*Insulation) > (*) In our case > > Note: We experience no problem reporting these fields under AE 2004 > however. > > Atttached is a zip file containing a .doc that dipicts a few related > screen shots and a sample .dwg file. > > I cannot come up with the source from which the above fields are > correlated with the "alias" fields in the 2005 version of the "W0" > database table. Respectively, these are: > > MISCELLANEOUS1 > GAUGE > MISCELLANEOUS2 > > Thank you for any help that you can provide in this matter. > John
Message 3 of 8
jschauer

Pat, What doesn't make sense is that the data fields in question report when I use ACE2004 using the same default_cat.mdb as when I try it under ACE2005.

As I recall, we simply migrated the default_cat.mdb file records using the routine supplied, from the 2004 install to the 2005.

The only difference that I've noted from the 2004 ver. of the database tables/fields in question is that the (3) fields are labeled GAUGE, MISCELLANEOUS1 and MISCELLANEOUS2 in the 2005 ver. vs. GAUGE, CONDUCTOR(S) and INSULATION in the earlier 2004 ver.

When I run the test cable report, both ACE2004 and 2005 access this same default_cat.mdb, but only 2004 will report the fields in question.

Note: I've also tried renaming these fields to their 2004 ver. field names but they would still not report.

I've attached a new sample test drawing showing cable reports derived under both ACE2005 and 2004. I cannot attach the default_cat.mdb file since it is 3+ Mb and exceeds the 1 Mb attachment limit. Perhaps you can post an email address that I can send it to?

Thank you for your continued assistance in this matter.
John
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

John, go ahead and send me the database. I will look further. My email is pat.murnen@autodesk.com Pat Murnen (Autodesk) "jschauer" wrote in message news:21940472.1099675688708.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Pat, What doesn't make sense is that the data fields in question report > when I use ACE2004 using the same default_cat.mdb as when I try it under > ACE2005. > > As I recall, we simply migrated the default_cat.mdb file records using the > routine supplied, from the 2004 install to the 2005. > > The only difference that I've noted from the 2004 ver. of the database > tables/fields in question is that the (3) fields are labeled GAUGE, > MISCELLANEOUS1 and MISCELLANEOUS2 in the 2005 ver. vs. GAUGE, CONDUCTOR(S) > and INSULATION in the earlier 2004 ver. > > When I run the test cable report, both ACE2004 and 2005 access this same > default_cat.mdb, but only 2004 will report the fields in question. > > Note: I've also tried renaming these fields to their 2004 ver. field names > but they would still not report. > > I've attached a new sample test drawing showing cable reports derived > under both ACE2005 and 2004. I cannot attach the default_cat.mdb file > since it is 3+ Mb and exceeds the 1 Mb attachment limit. Perhaps you can > post an email address that I can send it to? > > Thank you for your continued assistance in this matter. > John
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

John, it does appear there is an issue in AcadE 2005 with populating these fields. I will enter this issue into the system. There might be a work around using the cablecon.lsp which is the framework for the User Post for the Cable From/To. I will try and spend some time looking at this to see if there is a way to add the data back in. Pat Murnen (Autodesk) "jschauer" wrote in message news:21940472.1099675688708.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Pat, What doesn't make sense is that the data fields in question report > when I use ACE2004 using the same default_cat.mdb as when I try it under > ACE2005. > > As I recall, we simply migrated the default_cat.mdb file records using the > routine supplied, from the 2004 install to the 2005. > > The only difference that I've noted from the 2004 ver. of the database > tables/fields in question is that the (3) fields are labeled GAUGE, > MISCELLANEOUS1 and MISCELLANEOUS2 in the 2005 ver. vs. GAUGE, CONDUCTOR(S) > and INSULATION in the earlier 2004 ver. > > When I run the test cable report, both ACE2004 and 2005 access this same > default_cat.mdb, but only 2004 will report the fields in question. > > Note: I've also tried renaming these fields to their 2004 ver. field names > but they would still not report. > > I've attached a new sample test drawing showing cable reports derived > under both ACE2005 and 2004. I cannot attach the default_cat.mdb file > since it is 3+ Mb and exceeds the 1 Mb attachment limit. Perhaps you can > post an email address that I can send it to? > > Thank you for your continued assistance in this matter. > John
Message 6 of 8
jschauer

Thanks Pat. I will zip and e-mail you the database and our cablecon.lsp (2005) regardless.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

John/Pat, You are correct. The cable catalog entries pulled from the catalog lookup file are not being merged into the 2005 version of the cable from/to report. The only work-around I can think of for 2005 is to modify the "user post" utility (c:\program files\autodesk\acade 2005\support\cablecon.lsp) to query the database and paste this missing info back into the report. This means that you would run the report normally and then hit the "User post" button and select the 2nd toggle. A sample user post utility is attached. See if this will give you an adequate work-around for 2005. Nate. "jschauer" wrote in message news:27772219.1099924046026.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks Pat. I will zip and e-mail you the database and our cablecon.lsp (2005) regardless.
Message 8 of 8
jschauer

Gentlemen,
I've tried the updated cablecon.lsp provided and the missing functionality has been restored under 2005.
Many thanks,
John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost