AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A number questions regarding AutoCAD Electrical

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Tshima
168 Views, 1 Reply

A number questions regarding AutoCAD Electrical

I have someone wanting to find out if with AutoCAD Electrical, one could find:
a list of the component manufacturers on the Vender database i.e. Rockwell, Mitsubishi, Schneider Electric

> Do the vendors include mechanical drawings of their products and can they be referenced back to the schematics.
> Can you start your project from a general arrangement of the equipment (panel layout)

regards

Tshima
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Tshima

The big names, and even some small ones, are in the database as shipped. You can add more manufacturers and/or parts as needed. There is a bi-directional relationship between the schematic symbols and panel layout footprints. Many footprints ship with the program, but you can use your own if you prefer. ACE will merge attributes into your existing footprints if necessary, to make your footprints "ACE smart." You can do your panel layout first if you wish and later go to schematic mode, where ACE will show you a list of all panel components that need an equivalent schematic symbol. Once you place the schematic symbol down, ACE will update the panel layout footprint with the Device-D (Tag).

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost