AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Pole Breaker Numbers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
HATAADAMS
595 Views, 3 Replies

3 Pole Breaker Numbers

I have changed a few default values for the 1 pole circuit breakers that I am using. (VCB11THI)  I have set default values for TERM01 and TERM02 to 1 and 2 respectively.  I have also set default values for the 2 pole breaker I am using. (VCB21THI)  TERM01 and TERM02 are set to 3 and 4 respectively.  When I select a 1 pole breaker or a 2 pole breaker form the icon menu the breakers show up correctly. When I select a 3 pole breaker the numbers do not show up correctly.  Form what I have read a this is because the child symbol is being inserted twice.  I can manually change the values but this would be time consuming. I would like the third pole of the breaker to be 5 and 6. What will I need to change to make this happen automatically. Attached are how the symbols show up.

Thanks,

Adam

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: HATAADAMS

You don't have to do it that way.  You can set it up to serve the pin assignments from the Pin List Database when a part number is assigned.  I provide phone or e-mail support to assist with setting this up.  It is also one of the exercises in my Administrative Level AutoCAD Electrical training course.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
HATAADAMS
in reply to: dougmcalexander

I used the pin editor to setup the first two pin numbers. Everything works fine for a 1 pole breaker. When I insert a 2 or 3 pole breaker only the first pole is numbered. Where should the numbers for the 2nd and 3rd poles be listed?

Thanks,

Adam

Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: HATAADAMS

Hi Adam.

Use the Pinlist Database Editor to edit/create your component.

The pin numbering for the parent component should be in the COILPINS box while the child symbols should be in the PINLIST box like this:

211iF0678931482CF5A1

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost