AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 catalog browser

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
PatrickRobinson
3396 Views, 32 Replies

2015 catalog browser

We are having a little issue with the new catalog browser that im hoping someone can help us out with. When we go to insert, for example, a push button or any item, we get a file not found pop up. We can select "ok" and then the command line reads "Create a blank copy now (Y/N)?"

We can then select Y and the symbol will be pulled in. 

What would cause this pop up? 

War Eagle

Patrick Robinson
32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33

Looks like i had the env settings wrong,

Problem Solved

War Eagle

Patrick Robinson
Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: PatrickRobinson

I am a student who has installed autocad licensed 2015 students. I have installed all the brand possible (SCHNEIDER, WAGO, SIEMENS, ecc) in the catalog but then everytime I call the catalog I see only the brands AB, ABB, TELEMECANIQUE. WHY?

Message 4 of 33
mathalekar
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Fabio,

Can you open "default_cat.mdb" in access > Open CB table and check if scheneider Electric contents are in there ?

Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: mathalekar

Thanks for the reply. I realized now that in my computer does not have the full MS ACCESS software but only the "Microsoft ACCESS database engine". This afternoon i install the software, when I have completed the installation I'll write a message here. Bye

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: mathalekar

I have installed ACCESS, I opened the file default_cat.mdb inside the list there are only AB, ABB, TELEMECANIQUE, no other brand of components. I need especially SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC, WAGO, SIEMENS components

Message 7 of 33

It can be advantageous to have Microsoft Access installed but be careful not to change the structure of a database or table.

It almost sounds as if you don't have write permissions to the default_cat.mdb. Is it located on a network? If so, the one you installed originally might be the one getting updated. It would be in the My Documents path on your local drive.

When you go through Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and update AutoCAD Electrical do you see all manufacturers checked? If so, this is a clue that the database you are updating is not the same one you are using with your projects. There is a way to solve this, if in fact that is the issue. Of course you can just copy the local database and overwrite the one on the network.

P.S. This should really be a new discussion.  This one has already been marked as solved. 

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

My ACE are installed with stand alone license. Nobody open or modify defalut_cat.mdb, 

In "Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and update AutoCAD Electrical" i see every manufactures and every manufactured was cheked (take a look on my photo attached here).

P.S.: for me this problem is unsolved Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 33

I've seen this before but the customer had two separate databases. The software will allow more than one user on each computer. So there is only one login on your computer? Are you the administrator?

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 10 of 33
Anonymous

one user, i'm the only amministrator

Message 11 of 33

I don't know what else to tell you then. I've never seen this issue except where there are two databases and the one being updated is not the one the project is pointed to. Right click your project and click Project Settings. Verify the path your project is using for the default_cat.mdb file.

Doug McAlexander

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous

ACE point to C:\Users\Dell_WSt3500\Documents\Acade 2015\AeData\it-IT\Catalogs\default_cat.mdb  

See the image attached please. In default_cat.mdb there are only AB, ABB, TELEMECANIQUE manufacturer, there is another database in ACE that i can point to?

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

there is no solution to my problem?Smiley Surprised

Message 14 of 33

I just remembered something. I had a computer in a training class a few weeks ago that was updating a different database than the one that was being used by the project. It turned out that somehow IT had installed the software under their admin user login. But my student was using his login. When we ran the update to add more vendors the software was updating the database in the admin path. Try this. Go into C:\Users and see if there are any other user names besides the one for you. If so, check the other user path and see if there is an AcadE 2015\ etc. path that leads to another Catalogs folder.

Doug McAlexander

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous

in the image my C:\users  , DellWSt3500 and public.

My ACE point to default_cat.mdb but in this file there is only AB, ABB and telemecanique records. So i think i need complete default_cat.mdb that contains every manufatures.

I try to add many records  in default_cat manually, i see this record in ACE window catalog, so the mechanism is ok i think.

Actuallly ACE pointed to C:\Users\Dell_WSt3500\Documents\Acade 2015\AeData\it-IT\Catalogs\default_cat.mdb

Message 16 of 33

The issue is that when you add vendors through the Control Panel>Add/Remove Features method it seems to either update a different dstabase than the one your project points to, or it acts like it has no write permission to the database.

Do you have service pack 1 installed?

Doug McAlexander

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous

I have installed autocad electrical in July 2014 2015 then ACE tells me that there is no need for SP1 because the current version is already up to date. Do you remember that I am a student and I have student license? This is the problem maybe?

Message 18 of 33

I didn't catch that you are a student. There may be a limitation for the student version, since it is made available to give a student a sample experience.

Doug McAlexander

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous

the ultimate request please: can you verify that there is a real limitation for student version? when you can, I 'm  not hurry

Message 20 of 33

There may be no limit. I will check with Autodesk.

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost