AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Electrical wire number question

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mikegera
748 Views, 4 Replies

2014 Electrical wire number question

Please see the attached drawing.

For some reason, the first wire number is "5-1B".  It really should just be "5-1".  Why is it "B", how do I fix this? Also, on rung 5-2, there are some "short" wires to the left of 5-2 that should be numbered, but no matter what, they will not number.  Any ideas here  Thanks!

Also, after I learn this, I want to delete the entir 5-2 row anyway.  What is the best way to go about this without "blowwing up" the ladder and PLC, in other words having to redo them both from scratch?  Thanks again.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: mikegera

Hi.

1. Because wireno. 5-1A is already used 😄
    Capture.PNG
  2. The cirkular terminal you have used on the left side of the second contact for PB1 is a terminal type that is NOT set up to trigger a wire number change. I.ie. the wire number is 5-1 all the way to the PB1-contact.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
mikegera
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks rhe.  So the first question is how do I set up that termianl to trigger a wire change?

Also, say I do not want the oV rail to the right to be 5.1.  How to I change that?  Thanks again.

Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus

1. To trigger a wire number change, insert the appropriate symbol (marked in yellow in the image underneath). It's all about the NAME of the symbol (Block References) you insert. Have a look in the help file.
  2. Use the edit wireno tool for both DCF1 and 0V and make the wireno accordingly named AND fixed! Now, retag the page, reulting in what you see in the image below.

Capture.PNG

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
Icemanau

To delete the rung WITHOUT having to "blow up" the ladder is easy.

1.  Under the Wire Number section, there will be a tool to erase wire numbers. Use this to erase the wire numbers from the section you wish to delete.

2. Under the Insert Component section, there will be a tool to delete inserted component. Use this to delete the components you wish to.

3. Under the Insert Wire Section, there will be a tool to Trim/Delete wires. This is the last tool that you will need. Use it to remove the wire you wish to remove.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost