AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
180 Views, 3 Replies

Hi,

I have made test installation before, and I haven't installed properly, but I get old icone menus and new together.

But when I install it again, wasn't happen again. Is there any way to get old menus back to work with both.

Regards, Vito

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

If you just want to turn the menu bar back on (not toolbars) you can enter MENUBAR at the command prompt and change it to a 1.

If you want the toolbars also, the easiest way might be to switch your workspace (icon in lower right corner) to AutoCAD Electrical classic. This will turn the ribbon off and the menu and toolbars on. Then to turn the ribbon back on, enter RIBBON at the command prompt. To get back to the installed workspace, select the ACADE & 2D Drafting and Annotation workspace option.

I hope you won't give up on the ribbons. Once you get used to them they are pretty easy to navigate and find what you want.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Dear Mr.. Pat Murnen

Thanks, I 've arrived the command.

I'm using Ribbon, but I still lose to many time to find some commands.

I was suspiring, that I've get Ribbon and old icon menus after first install, and this mean that they are still there.

Message 4 of 4
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, they are both still there. One thing to keep in mind though - As more commands are added over time, the toolbars and menus may not provide access to the latest features.

Also, if it would help, there is a Help topic that shows where commands are located on the ribbon. It is organized by the toolbar. So if you know where the command is on the toolbar you can find where it is on the ribbon by using this Help topic. It is located in the Help under AutoCAD Electrical What's New > Ribbon Interface > Toolbars to Ribbons. You can also find it on the wiki at http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2012/Help/0000-AutoCAD_0/0008-Ribbon_I8/0042-Too...

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost