AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 projects to 2013

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
shades234
599 Views, 7 Replies

2012 projects to 2013

Coworker's computer had AE2012 on it.  He got a new computer with AE2013.  He was going to update some as built drawings on projects from 2012, but found that they wouldn't connect to the symbol library for 2013.  Old PC was winXP, new is Win7

his old machine had the lib in something like c\Docs*settings\stuff\more stuff\weird Windows file structure\Autocad

his new machine the libarries are in c\users\public\autocad\lib.

i had the project file set to use the new 2013 file folder, as well as all of the drawings.  but when he goes to the icon menu to add stuff, it doesn't work.

thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CuongVTC
in reply to: shades234

Follow instructions in pictures

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 8
shades234
in reply to: CuongVTC

I already have the project properties set to look in the proper JIC-125 directory.

when i go to insert a new component, it says it cannot find the file in any of the following directories (none of which are actually created on my cmoputer).  but i don't get why it would be looking for a file when ACE is told specifically where to look.

Message 4 of 8
CuongVTC

so you try Apply Project Defaults

otherwise I've no idea

<script type="text/javascript">// var dd = new YAHOO.util.DD('maindiv'); dd.setHandleElId('titlediv'); // </script>
Message 5 of 8
shades234
in reply to: CuongVTC

Yes.  apply project defaults.  still doesn't work.

I can take a 2013 project from another computer, copy said files to the problem computer, and it works just fine.

Message 6 of 8
algerj

Hi  Shades,

You need to set the .dat file too.

The JIC125 library paths are only half of the puzzle.

The .dat is what runs the Icon menu. It calls in the dwgs from the JIC path (which could be IEC, IEEE, or any other library).

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 7 of 8
testsubject
in reply to: algerj

If I remember, I had trouble using Project Update and discovered it was a bug and reported it for 2013.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 8 of 8
shades234
in reply to: algerj

I updated the .dat file as well, and still had problems.

but i went back and looked at it again, and it seems to be working fine.

I want to believe that the old computer's location for the library and menu files were different frmo the new computer.  and somehow i didn't point it to the right location on the new computer.

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost