AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 source arrows from 1 wire, possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Tee.Dee
442 Views, 2 Replies

2 source arrows from 1 wire, possible?

Hey guys,

I have a drawing (sheet 1) where I have 1 wire with a source arrow heading to sheet 2, the same wire on sheet 1 has a branch coming off it with a source arrow heading to sheet 3.

At the moment the source/destination cross refs between sheet 1 and sheet 2 are correct but the second source arrow on sheet 1 says it is going to the same destination as the other destination arrow on sheet 2 instead of sheet 3.

Is it possible to make these show up correctly or do I need to edit the text manualy?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Tee.Dee

Yes it is possible. The only restriction I know off is that you can NOT have multiple sources going to one destination.

Check the signal code on each source arrow and make sure that they are different.

Edit both destination arrows and point them to the correct source arrows.

After that, while in the dwg with the source arrows, click on the tool to UPDATE the signal references.

Choose the option to pick the signals you want to update and then click on the two source arrows.

If that doesn't work, the next easiest solution would be to delete both sources and their destinations and then redo them, one source/destination pair at a time.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Tee.Dee
in reply to: Icemanau

Thanks Brad,

Im an idiot, I had the 2 source arrows named the same thing.... Been looking at these drawings for way to long!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost