AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Terminal Block with 4 connection (all internal shunted) wiring

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Ludwig96
238 Views, 4 Replies

1Terminal Block with 4 connection (all internal shunted) wiring

Hello all,

I have been working for 3 days with ACadE and I have 4 big starting doubts:
a) How/where can I define how much wires (1 or 2) can be connected (automatic routing by ACadE) to a certain pin of a componente? Also how it will apear in the wiring list report?
b)For a terminal strip, how can I impose and later know in the wiring list report, on wich side of the strip (of the terminal block) the wire should be physically connected?
c)For terminal blocks with multiple wire inputs, all internally shunted together (ex. PHOENIX UDK 4-MTK - 2 pins each side), what should be the correct component drawing basic guide lines to proper distinguish bettween all 4 pin? The IECDEMO, drawing 025, the X2 terminal strip seems to be that type but no distinction is made.

d)Were can I find tutorials and detailed documentation besides the included ACadE help? For example to learn what are the fields in "Report Generation\Data fields to Report\Wire from/to

I am sorry to a so long query. Thank you.

Luis
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alejandro79
in reply to: Ludwig96

Hola Luis.

I have worked with ACADE for about a month and half. I did NOT find any tutorial on the web besides the getting started, it seems like information about this product is somehow restricted to the help files. Even more, the only thing i found (a demo video) was about the examples provided, so no new content there. Keep asking here and searching the forum is the best i can tell you.
For the rest of your topics, sorry, i can´t help you.

But tell me something, you can do automatic routing with ACADE? I did not know that. I have been using the PLC I/O utility to lay the basics of the drawing and then routed myself whatever needed be. If you can auto route then my job would be a lot easier.

Saludos.
Alejandro.
Message 3 of 5
Ludwig96

Ola Alejandro,

By "automatic routing" I only mean the program decide to wich pin connect a wire in a "bus" of pins connected to the same signal (a polarity for instance). This from wiring report point of view.

best regards

Luis
Message 4 of 5

Luis,

I have attached a Help file that contains the Data Fields to Report for the Wire From/To Report. Please let me know if there is anything else that you need help finding information on.

Thanks,
Heather Schwartz
Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical DSS
Message 5 of 5
dougmcalexander

I use a wiring diagram style terminal footprint, which allows me to use the Schematic Wire Connections > Footprint tool to add wire information, such as wire number, wire layer, and even the component the other end of the wire connects to. The panel layout will then have a visual reference as to the specific wire that connects to each terminal. I will attach one of my terminal blocks as a reference. This is an Entrelec M4/6, or part number 115 116.07 feed-through terminal.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost