AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 line symbol connectors

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
402 Views, 0 Replies

1 line symbol connectors

I am using 1 line connector symbols to represent internal cables connecting devices within my control panel. Then showing the cable detail on a separate sheet, the connectors on this drawing are the parametric connectors. This is a common way of representing cables so the schematics don't get too cluttered. The problem I'm having with this is the family name used for the parametric cables differing from the 1 line symbols. This means when I browse from either of the connectors to pair them up ACADE doesn't show them in the list? I solved this by changing the family name on all connector symbols to PJ. This works for pairing them up but I have another problem, when I do a re-tag components on my project ACADE breaks the pairing on some (not all) of the connectors and numbers them independently?

Can someone also explain why family names on connectors differ? Some are PJ some are CO and some C0? This seems to cause confusion.

Another Issue is that when you pair up the connectors ACADE doesn't copy the manufacturer details across to the peer? As these are representations of the same device it seems a bit daft that ACADE can't do this.

I am using ACADE 2011 E.208.0.0 Ver 3.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost