Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

label line by points

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rwatson654
949 Views, 3 Replies

label line by points

how can I label line by points in civil 3D? using the Add labels I can label the entire length of a line segment, but don't know how to label just a portion. same thing with curves too.

Civil 3D, 2009

Win 7 Enterprise 64bit

8 GB

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
_Hathaway
in reply to: rwatson654

I feel your frustration.  You can no longer label by points, you will need a line for each and EVERY label.  If you search the forums you can find a link to a dynamic block that is a nice work around.  IMO this is complete pain in the you know what. 

Message 3 of 4
cadtex

This issue is definitely frustrating. There is a solution for it but it's going to cost you. Our company migrated from Eagle Point software to Civil 3D which was not pretty with the whole Civil 3D styles concept being new to us. Our surveyor wanted something that would have at least some, if not all, of the functionalities that we had with Eagle Point. We talked to our autocad dealer and he recommended Surveyors' Companion extension. This extension has as one if it's commands the ability to "label line by points" and "label curve by points" in Civil 3D plus a few other things that our surveyor finds very helpful. The extension works very well and uses the Civil 3D style of your choice for the labeling.

If there is another way of doing this, aside from having individual line segments, it would be nice to know as well.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4
rkmcswain

@rwatson654 wrote:

how can I label line by points in civil 3D?

We had to write our own routine. Smiley Mad

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report