I'm trying to make an intersection with no curbs. Its dirt road going over a berm(dike) so there is no curb and seems like there is no curb "curb returns" options. Only curb return selection. Is there something else I can use?
Autodesk may call them curb return alignments, but what the cross section looks like is up to you. Build an assembly using open shoulders instead of curbs and it will work pretty much the same way.
When you create the intersection using intersection tool you will most likly be usinging the pre defined intersection assemblies. these have kerbs. You will need to create a set of assemblies to use without the kerbs or modify the existing ones to suit you needs
Civil3D 2012 64x
- Open the "TOOL PALETTS" by hitting CNTL+3.
- Look for the stock tool palett called "Assemblies Imperial".
- Under this section you will find all of the generic Intersection assemblies that C3d use3s for intersections.
- You can bring them all into your autocad file for editing.
- Add something to the end of the name so that you can change you find teh quick replacement.
- For the curb one, jsut delete teh curb from the assembly.
After a while you can make a new one from scratch. This way you can sort of keep things organized until you learn it fully.
I believe the Int Wiz gives you the option to save the assemblies setups. With this in mind I would copy the subassemblies shipped and/or make new ones without the curbs then save a new set for a road without curbs.
When you go through the intersection wizard use the curb returns to control your edge of pavement. Even though there is no curb height you still need the alignments/profiles to control the design.
C3D 2012, RD 2012
Win 7 64, Core i7,
6 GB RAM, Quadro FX 1700