Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double pipes to one structure

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2614 Views, 3 Replies

double pipes to one structure

Is it possible to have double pipes, running side by side, connect to a
single structure (in Civil 3D 07 or 08)? The pipe connection point would
not be the center of the structure.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, once a pipe is attached, you can grip edit the end and pull it to any
point that is still inside the structure (on screen) and it will stay
attached. This lets you put two pipes into a box on the same side for
instance.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
Civil 3D 2007
XP Tablet, SP2, 2GHz, 2G
www.eng-eff.com
www.civil3d.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

This solution works great until anything in the drawing gets moved then the pipes snap back to the center of the structure. is there a way to get them to hold a distance from one another? This is also an issue on the structures, if the pipe network is set to proposed surface, you can change the rim elevation manually but the second something changes in the drawing the rim elevation changes back to the original rim el of the proposed surface. I seam to recall seeing once how you can set it manually so i am assuming you can do the same with the multiple pipes. i just cant find it. Please help.
Thanks Big!
Laura
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Assuming that : Both pipes have the same inverts (us/ds) then yes it is.

Basically the way the program expects a pipe to connect centre to centre. you can have two overlapping pipes connected to the same structures but as you said it will always revert to the centre of the pipe.

You could use hidden "null structures" placed alongside the US and DS structure then connect the secondary pipe to that one ensuring that the levels are the same. That will result in a plan looking right but the reports and labels will not display correctly.

Alternately (Not recommended for most users) you could create a pipe in partbuilder that was actually two pipes that connect midway between the two, it should work but I think it's a bit heavy for most users to do. The reports and labels will be correct but it's not really worth worrying about.

I use a single pipe to represent the two pipes alongside each other. Then fudge it in the drawings accordingly by copying / pasting each around.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report