Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QTO payItem bug?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
granite07
231 Views, 4 Replies

QTO payItem bug?

There is an issue with QTO payItem: after testing, it looks like regardless of if feet or inch model space units are used, the QTO with payItems has a bug that prevents it from calculating volumes as it appears was intended (payItem has cubic unit of measure so presumably these are intended for use).

This is how it is now (sorry for my nonstandard notation using a mix of excel syntax and 'whatever'):
msu=feet subassembly L x W x Depth - the depth value is [min(1,Round(D, 0)): if Round(D, 0)=.01 --> .49 then 1] So 100'*20'*1.2' = 2000 CF not the correct 2400 CF
msu=inch subassembly L/12 x W/12 x Depth/12/12 - the depth value is [min(1,Round(D, 0)): if Round(D, 0)= .01 --> .49 then 1] So 1200/12 x 240/12 x 14.4/12/12 = 167 CF not the correct 2400 CF

the rounding function may actually be an int memory type so rounds to a nominal number, should be a double memory type to store decimals; maybe something legacy in your sourcecode left over from the 1990's

In inch msu there is an extra divider function in your sourceCode probably somewhere between the ACAD base, subassembly corridor compiler, and the QTO payitem there is an incorrect assumption about the units it has been handed and so thinks depth in subassembly is stored in inch and tries converting it to depth in feet by dividing by 12, my guess is it is the QTO report since corridor displays the depth correctly but superelevation also assumes an inch subassembly depth and divides by 12.

This is how it should be:
msu=feet subassembly L * W * Depth - the depth value is stored as double Depth; So 100'*20'*1.2' = 2400 CF
msu=inch subassembly L/12 x W/12 x Depth/12 - the depth value is stored as double Depth; So 1200/12 x 240/12 x 14.4/12 = 2400 CF

I am guessing it also does not work in meter msu; maybe something for 2012SP1

Forest Peterson, granite@stanford.edu; build-sheet
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: granite07

THIS IS JUST A REPORT THAT I FIND SOMEWHATUNUSUAL.

Within 2 minutes of opening up the dwg in this zip file I was greeted with a virus attack.   Hopefully there is no connection.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
granite07

hope not - the university uses Sophos anti-virus installed on every network computer and I have never had a problem - I will scan the file for a virus and report it to sophos if it is infected - maybe you should also do the same.

Message 4 of 5
granite07

the file is clean, this message came from sophos; I submitted the file to error on the side of caution

[#2920851] File sample submitted from the Sophos website

Thank you for contacting Sophos Technical Support.
SophosLabs confirmed that all files in this sample are clean.

This Case will close in 4 days. Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.

Message 5 of 5
wfberry

My system has been scanned and the virus removed.   I am not placing blame on anyone, but it seemed somewhat unusual that I had not had one virus on my working computer in months, if at all. 

I normally use my lesser computer for all of my junk work.  Sorry, but email and newsgroups fall under junk work.

(but I had to move the .dwg to my main computer to open it.)

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report