Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Lag

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kgrover
2422 Views, 6 Replies

Point Lag

I am running 64 bit Civil3D 2011 (Sp1)  and I get a cursor lag when I pan over a cogo point. The curser pauses for about 1-2 seconds and my processor spikes when I do this in the resource monitor.

I thought it may be the contextual tab states in the ribbon for points, but this didn't seem to matter.

Is there another setting for why it does this??

Kevin

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
C3D_User
in reply to: kgrover

Go to Settings Tab>Points right mouse click "Edit Feature settings">Expand General, turn off "Show Tool Tips".  That should do it.

Regards,

K

Message 3 of 7
johnsm
in reply to: C3D_User

I am having the same problem and that did not seem to solve it - any more suggestions?

Message 4 of 7
JessieQuilatan
in reply to: johnsm

johnsm-

See this article: AutoCAD 2012 Performance Slowdown Hotfix  

Michael Merlino
Civil Engineering Technician / "CAD Manager"
SAN JOSE, CA, USA
Message 5 of 7
Sinc
in reply to: johnsm

Are you seeing a slowdown when panning over the points, or when selecting the points?

There's another problem that will cause a noticeable lag if you have the Properties palette open when you select Cogo Points.  It can be docked and set to auto-hide, and you'll still see the slowdown.  The slowdown goes away if you close the Properties palette.

Sinc
Message 6 of 7
johnsm
in reply to: Sinc

the problem occurs just when I move my cursor over a point.  There is a point during the cursor movement where it "catches" for a couple seconds and then continues on.  It is not a big deal just irritating more than any thing.

Message 7 of 7
Libaax5
in reply to: kgrover

Hi, could you kindly give detail steps, which setting tab, in windows or in Autocad 2011, can you point what where, I have freezing mouse cursor and it drives me crazy, it freezes every few seconds for 1~2 seconds, all hardware accelerator and drivers is updated, but freeze still exist.

Thanks Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report