Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR: unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 75c99617h

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
ThomasGlidewell
5599 Views, 17 Replies

FATAL ERROR: unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 75c99617h

This error i am getting when trying to fire up Civil 3d 2010.

About 1-2 weeks ago i had a user get this. Tried repair install no luck.

Did a complete Reinstall seems to be cool.

Yesterday I had a user have the same thing happen.

This morning another one, this afternoon four more.

I am infected by something or what.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Civil 3d 2010 sp2 and sap.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Thomas -

It sounded like this was on your machine, but then you mention another user.  Is the "one more" and "four more" refering to the Fatal Errors, or do you mean four more users are getting this?

How far along do you get before getting this error?

Try logging into your machine with another username/password.  Launch C3D.  It will go through a quick installation process while creating new user files for this second user.  If everythign works correctly here, we can go back and reset your user settings ( http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13288548&linkID=9240697

).

Now, if this is happening across multiple users then we may have a bigger problem.

Just an FYI - a standard reinstall via the Control Panel does not remove all folders and registry keys.  When reinstalling, we always recommend following the "Clean Install" instructions, to makes ure everything is removed from your machine.  ( http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240697&id=13288030&siteID=123112 )

Justin Ziemba
Manager, Customer Support Services

Message 3 of 18

Watch .NET corruption.  I had a number of machines install a .NET update automatically that corrupted .NET.  The symptoms have been fatal errors in programs that use .NET, like Civil 3d.  Check you Windows updates to see if an update failed.  (I don't recall the number)

Check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 4 of 18

Sorry i confused you on this one but was posting at home with little ones running around my feet.

I am the CAD manager at my office and this is happening to several different users on several different computers.

When i log into their machines everything seems to run fine. I can fire up C3D with no problem no crashes.

When they are logged in it doesn't fatal error until the very last thing. Seems to load everything it needs and almost gets ready to start working and boom the bomb hits.

Earlier today i was looking at the Autodesk support site and found the hot fix for start up errors. Unfortunatley i had just finished uninstalling C3D and haven't had another one crash yet to test it out. [Hopefully won't have another one crash :)]

My IT dept is doing some spy ware and virus scanning on these computers as well to see if we can find out something on that route.

If this happens again i now will be able to try the hot fix i downloaded as well as your first link you have given me.

Thanks for that.

When uninstalling I was aware of the second link but thanks the more info the better imo.

I will repost on this if i have another user go down with the same problem and let you all know if one of these two possible fixes work for me .

Thanks again,

Message 5 of 18
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Hey Thomas, what is the last thing that comes up in your command line right before you crash? Does it say "Loading Toolspace"

Message 6 of 18

Off the top of my head i can't 100% say that it says that right before it crashes. But it is at the very end of loading up C3D. If it happens again i will definetly see what it says. Could that make a difference on the fix for it?

Thanks

Message 7 of 18

Well, I, and a number of other users have been having a crashing on loading issue, and mine crashes as soon as it loads the toolspace. A repair sometimes works, but usually not. I had it happen twice in a week basically. I did a full clean install of Civil 3D, and so far it has worked great.

Autodesk has it pegged as a communication center error and had me change some variables in the registry or something.

Message 8 of 18
hgohel
in reply to: ThomasGlidewell

For those crashing on startup, could you provide some more information?

1. Which version of Civil 3D?  OP talks about C3D 2010, is anyone on 2011 running into similar issue?
  2. Do you typically run Civil 3D, or Civil 3D as AutoCAD?
  3. Are your profiles and workspaces out-of-the-box Civil 3D, or customized?
  4. Have you installed any third-party add-ons?

When you submit your crash reports for this crash-on-startup, please send me a message with the email address that you used when you submitted the report, I can look the reports to investigate.

Thank you,

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 18
rsanchez

Have you seen any of my posts in other threads on the subject?  Across several different offices, I've seen this occur on random user profiles on a semi-regular basis.  It began for me in May of 2010.  There is no rhyme or reason as to when it happens.  It took me quite a while to figure out that, at least in my case, it is caused by a faulty value in a registry key for the communication center.  It's obviously a software bug since the user can't directly edit those values.  Anyway, each time I've seen it, I've been able to fix it by setting the registry keys below:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8000:409\WebServices\CommunicationCenter]
@=""
"LastUpdateTimeLoWord"=dword:00000000
"LastUpdateTimeHiWord"=dword:00000000

--
Ralph Sanchez
Message 10 of 18
ThomasGlidewell
in reply to: rsanchez

Thanks for the info. Next time I get hit with this I will give it a go.

Thanks again

Message 11 of 18
Jeff_M
in reply to: hgohel

I just got this same exception (different location...FD49AA7Dh ) and am stuck in an infinite loop. It switches between the Fatal Error message and a warning "Attempt to register "AeccvBase80" which already exists". Hitting OK on each one brings up the other. Since it is in this loop there is no CER to send and I must end the task via Task Manager

C3D 2011 - 64, Win7 Ultimate - SincpacC3D, custom template, profile and workspace, rarely use "as Autocad" (in fact I don't think I've ever run the 'as Autocad' with 2011)

This occurs when the "Loading XXXXXX.dwt" is showing, but no command line yet.

Editing the registry as rsanchez suggests does not help. Specifying a different Acad profile does not help. Disabling the loading of SincpacC3D does not help.

This same install/profile was used without error 2 days ago, and I don't think that it crashed on exit.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 12 of 18
hgohel
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff,

If you can contact me by email, we can dig into this. Thanks,

Himanshu.Gohel@autodesk.com

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 13 of 18
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

For now I have this 'fixed' on my computer. After shutting down, removing all power sources from my laptop (cord, battery), waiting about a minute, reconnect power, reboot, all appears to be back to normal.

Note that this is usually the first thing to do...I did not do so in this case due to knowing about this thread and wanting to try to find a 'why' that may help others. I have now submitted all I can at this time, hopefully it helps.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 14 of 18
Sinc

It looks like we just ran into this issue with one of our computers.

This computer has been working fine for months.  This morning, my coworker started up C3D and used it normally.  Then he closed all drawings, but left C3D open in an "empty document" state while he went to lunch.  When he got back from lunch, he tried to open a drawing, and C3D crashed.  He tried restarting it, but it crashed again on startup.  Rebooting the machine had no effect.

For other unrelated reasons, we wanted to create a new user account for this user anyway.  So I created a new user on this same machine, configured C3D for the new user, and it's working just fine.  The original user (on the same machine) is still trashed, and we cannot get C3D to work at all for that user.

Tried the registry hack mentioned above, but the indicated values were already set to 0, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

It is very bizarre how this machine could be working fine for months, then all of a sudden go completely wonkers.  C3D was even open and working when he went to lunch, and then was severely dysfunctional when he got back from lunch.  So it's not like any Windows Updates were installed, or anything like that.  It's like C3D had a major stroke or something, and is now brain-damaged.  But only for that one user.

Sinc
Message 15 of 18
hgohel
in reply to: Sinc

Hi Sinc,

The registry hack you mentioned is probably the one rsanchez suggested.  Earlier in the thread Justin Ziemba suggested a TS article which had instructions on how to kick off a secondary install which will recreate the user profile.  I'd suggest giving that a try since you verified that as another user Civil 3D is working well on the same machine.  Please let us know your results.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 16 of 18
rsanchez
in reply to: hgohel

When I originally encountered this issue back in may, my first step was to rebuild the affected user's profile using essentially the same technique described in the article that Justin cited.  When I saw it happen again, I decided to roll up my sleeves and really work to find the problematic registry key.  In doing so, I basically backed up a good entire registry tree and restored it half at a time (and then half of that half again, etc) until I zeroed in on the bad key.  Since May, across eleven offices, I've seen reports of the same error approximately once every one to two weeks.  I've also had friends and former coworkers call me to ask about the very same issue.  Since coming up with my workaround, I've only seen restting this registry key not work one time.  In that case, I really did have to rebuilt the entire user profile - which suggests that some other key held some out of bounds value. Unfortunately, sinc, I hope this isn't the case for you.  I'm confused as to why your lastupdatetimeloword would already be set to zero unless you previously disabled the communication center.

Across our offices, we have several installations of C3D 2010, AutoCAD MEP 2010, and vanilla AutoCAD 2010.  This error seems to manifest itself predominantly in Civil 3D, but I've seen it happen twice in vanilla AutoCAD as well.  Over the five seats ot AutoCAD MEP that we have, I have never seen it happen once.

I'm confident that this is a bug in the software since, as I mentioned, I also helped out friends at other firms with the same exact workaround.

For reference, the affected key that needs to be reset is as follows.  You must be logged in as the affected user to edit the key:

AutoCAD 2010

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8001:409\WebServices\CommunicationCenter]
@=""

Civil 3D 2010

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8000:409\WebServices\CommunicationCenter]
@=""

Civil 3D 2011 (*)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9000:409\WebServices\CommunicationCenter]
@=""

(*) In Civil 3D 2011 I have only seen similar behavior once, but it didn't produce a fatal error.  Instead, the program started but would never really get to a command prompt.  After a couple of restarts, I reset the key above and was able to run it successfully again.  At this point, I haven't seen this on enough computers to say definitively whether or not this is reproducible.

Civil 3D 2011

--
Ralph Sanchez
Message 17 of 18
rsanchez

After checking my notes, I've realized that the addresses that are always reported to me are slightly different than those in the subject line.  In my case, I've seen these values on several machines:  e0434f4dh at 7c812afbh  It is in these cases that resetting the communication center's "lastupdatetimeloword" registry key to 0 has been very successful.

With that said, e06d7363h Exception at 75c99617h might suggest that the software has incorrectly assigned an out of bounds value to some other registry key.  If anyone can provide me with an exported reg (not arg) of a faulty profile that raises the error in this thread's subject line, I'm sure I can hack away at it and arrive upon the problematic key fairly quickly. While these types of errors are virtually impossible for end users to prevent, importing a .reg file is obviously a much quicker fix than constantly having to rebuild user profiles.

--
Ralph Sanchez
Message 18 of 18
LeafRiders

FATAL ERROR unhandled e0434352h exception at fd6bcacdh

... On Civil 3D 2012. Not sure why, i was simply using save as... to save a copy of my drawing. The verdict / solutions to this is?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report