Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ditch Subassembly Problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
7121 Views, 2 Replies

Ditch Subassembly Problem

Hi, 

I am currently trying to create an assembly that will have the following parameters. 

1) Overlay Widen Match Slope (Works fine)

2) Link slope and Width (Works Fine)

3) Daylight Standard - Does not work 

There is going to be an 8' shoulder section, followed by a 2:1 foreslope, a 2' ditch width, and 1.5' ditch height followed by a 2:1 backslope that will tie to existing ground. 

The Cut test point that is shown in the subassembly help that is located at the far side of the ditch bottom is not working properly. 

I have attached a sketch of the issue as well as my assembly (only focus on the left side) and a picture of my cross-sections. Section 16+00.00 is shown correctly but the others are not. Instead of showing a ditch section, it is mistaking the subassembly for a fill section. 16+00 is correct because CAD thinks that the Cut test point is located on the the end of the Link Slope and Width point, when it should be located on the bottom of the ditch. 

I know this may come across as a little confusing, but if you could please see if you can talk me through why the DaylightStandard assembly is not working and how to get it to show what I would like. 

Thanks in advance!

-Lucas Helms

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
toyhonda86
in reply to: Anonymous

Lucas,

I recommend trying out the daylight general subassembly. I find it more useful than the daylight standard.

Adam

Windows 7 x 64
NVIDIA Quadro K2200
16 GB Ram
Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.40 GHz
Civil 3D 2017
Message 3 of 3
sboon
in reply to: toyhonda86

Agree with Adam.  I just checked in a test drawing, and the DaylightStandard subassembly does NOT behave as it should according to the help file.  DaylightGeneral works almost exactly the same, but it definitely does work the way you want.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report