I am having an issue with my cross section plotting. When I am creating my section views the finished grade from the corridar and my top surface are not agreeing. Typically speaking the overhang correction (top/bottom) or a boundary fix takes care of it, but this one is being a little stubburn. I've tried rebuilding about every portion I can think of, but to no avail. I've also tried yelling at it, but that doesn't seem to phase it either.
Thanks in advance!
Civil3D 2012 (Service Pack 2.1)
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
I have actually tried it with and w/out breaklines...there doesn't seem to be any difference. I have looked at it the tin lines it confirms what I'm seeing in the sections. I know I can just eliminate sampling a bit of data to get a good picture, but this seems a little indicitive of a bigger problem
I would almost bet that you're on a curve in this part of the corridor and/or you're sections are quite closely spaced. One of the rules of Delauney triangulation is that TIN lines should connect to the closest available points. Under the right circumstances that rule sometimes means that the software will try to connect from a point at the gutter to a point at the top or back of curb in the next section instead of the next gutter point.
Try adding some of the featurelines to the surface as breakline data, see if that helps.
I've had corridor surfaces that at some point stops correctly updating certain areas, so looking at the TIN lines they go to points that are no longer a part of the corridor. Sometimes closing the drawing and re-opening it 'fixes' this. Otherwise, the only ways I've found around this are: Delete the surface and recreate it (not always a viable option) or turn on the display of the TIN Points and manually delete those that are no longer connected to the corridor (time consuming).
Thanks for the replies everybody. What ended up working, and I think was alluded to above, was that in my corridor I was working off 2 baselines and the "connection" point in the middle was not matching with regard to frequency lines, hence cutting a strange tin. Though I'm not a huge fan of this, and it's probably not the best work-around, I just upped my frequency through the corridor to 0.5' (I know...yikes!)
In any case, crisis averted.