Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2011 Update 1 is now available

42 REPLIES 42
Message 1 of 43
SethHall
5204 Views, 42 Replies

Civil 3D 2011 Update 1 is now available

Good morning all-

Civil 3D 2011 Update 1 is now available: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL15755400

Enjoy!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
42 REPLIES 42
Message 21 of 43
wdbar
in reply to: sakka252

Is this a "Service Pack" Update, ike the norm?  ala SP1.  Or is it an intermediary update to fix a small scale of issues and will be included in a "Service Pack" update?

Message 22 of 43
DarrenP
in reply to: wdbar

update 1 is service pack 1

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 23 of 43
areese9779
in reply to: hgohel

Himanshu,

I and another user in our office were having the same flickering that one of the other users reported.  We were both using Nvidia T4600 video cards, and were experiencing severe graphic problems.  To eliminate the problem on one machine, we went to the Manual Performance Tuning (Options/System/Performance Settings/Manual Tune) and Disabled the Hardware Acceleration.  On the other machine, we went to the same Manual Performance Tuning, but rather than disabling all hardware acceleration, I toggled the "Smooth Display" from off to on (which was not recommended), and the graphics problem was corrected on that machine as well.

Hope that helps!

Andy 

Andy Reese
C3D 2016, SP3
Dell Precision M4800, Windows 10 64-bit
Message 24 of 43
hgohel
in reply to: areese9779

Hi Andy,

Is this flickering issue in the context of happening immediately after installing Update 1 for Civil 3D 2011?  That's the situation that we're trying to understand.  If it is, can you please check your coworkers machine for the civil modules & acad.exe version information that I requested in an earlier reply to Ed? 

In general disabling hardware acceleration is not something I would recommend.  You might paying for premium hardware and not using it.  Assuming your graphics card is supported, I would get a version of the driver that is supported as well, and use hardware acceleration.

Thanks.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 25 of 43
aspencer
in reply to: SethHall

I have installed the Update 1 as recommended for crashes we were having with 2010. The downloaded file was c3d2011_x64_sp1.

Installed the upgrade and now I have the flashing screen problem others are having.  Every time the cursor moves, the elements in the local file flash.  Like a strobe light.

I am not sure I understand what others have done to fix this problem.  How can I remove fix and reinstall?  Or fix the flashing.

Thanks in advance....

Message 26 of 43
areese9779

Himanshu,

Yes, the flickering occurred immediately after installing the update.  I did check to see that the update installed successfully (using AECCVERSION) and confirmed that all the other settings and references were correct.  As I mentioned, we were both using an Nvidia driver that was fully supported and had the Autodesk video driver associated to it.  I don't know that I can provide more info than that, since we were able to solve the problem by toggling the hardware acceleration off and then back on.

I hope that helps somewhat, and good luck!

Andy

Andy Reese
C3D 2016, SP3
Message 27 of 43
hgohel

wdbar, and everyone who has this flashing problem after installing Update 1.  I'd like to know:

1. Did you encounter any errors during/after Update 1 installation?

2. What is the output of _ABOUT for "Product Version" should show version 2.0

2. Run AECCVERSION - all modules should show version 8,0,2155,0

3. If you navigate to the install directory and invoke properties on acad.exe and go to the Details tab, what does the file version say?  AutoCAD should be E.116.N.0 (followed by (x64) if on 64-bit)

4. From Control Panel > Programs and Features, if you enable "View Installed Updates" (in the left hand panel), does AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 show that Update 1 has been applied?

If it appears that Update 1 wasn't applied successfully:

1. Did you have any hotfixes applied prior to installing the udpate?  If so, which ones?

2. Please post if you were doing a stand-alone update, network deployment, or adding it to a stand-alone installation.

If it appears that Update 1 wasn't applied successfully, your best bet would be to reinstall Civil 3D and apply update 1 after that.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 28 of 43
hgohel
in reply to: areese9779

Yes, the flickering occurred immediately after installing the update.  I did check to see that the update installed successfully (using AECCVERSION) and confirmed that all the other settings and references were correct. 

That's good to know.  Does acad.exe show that it's version E.116.N.0 followed by (x64) if on 64-bit?  If the graphics toggle solved the problem it's great!

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 29 of 43
aspencer

Command: 3DConfig

On menu>Manual Tune > Unclick: Enable hardware accelleration > OK > OK

flashing went away

Repeated above and Clicked: Enable hardware accelleration

flashing was still gone and the view cube whiteness also went away.

Message 30 of 43
areese9779

Himanshu,

1) There were no errors during installation

2) Product version is E. 116.N.), AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Version 2

3) FileVersion: 8,0,2155,0

4) Autocad.exe build version E.116.N.0

5) Yes, when I view the program through the Add/Remove Programs dialogue (Windows XP) I can see that an update was applied, although it calls it version 2.1

So yes, it appears it was installed correctly.

I had installed the first hotfix (originally called survey hotfix I believe), and the update was installed on a network installation for one workstation.

Andy Reese
C3D 2016, SP3
Message 31 of 43
aspencer

1. Did you encounter any errors during/after Update 1 installation?

yes, it said it could not access a ddl even though I was an administrator.  I hit RETRY and it installed successfully.  I did not note the ddl name.

2. What is the output of _ABOUT for "Product Version" should show version 2.0

E116.N.0, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Version 2

2. Run AECCVERSION - all modules should show version 8,0,2155,0

Correct Version

3. If you navigate to the install directory and invoke properties on acad.exe and go to the Details tab, what does the file version say?  AutoCAD should be E.116.N.0 (followed by (x64) if on 64-bit)

File version - 24.1.1.116.0

Product version R18.1.116.N.0

It should be 64bit

4. From Control Panel > Programs and Features, if you enable "View Installed Updates" (in the left hand panel), does AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 show that Update 1 has been applied?

It says: AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Version 2.1

If it appears that Update 1 wasn't applied successfully:

1. Did you have any hotfixes applied prior to installing the udpate?  If so, which ones?

don't think so..

2. Please post if you were doing a stand-alone update, network deployment, or adding it to a stand-alone installation.

stand alone

If it appears that Update 1 wasn't applied successfully, your best bet would be to reinstall Civil 3D and apply update 1 after that.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc
Message 32 of 43
mmyers

I was having the same problem with the screen flashing whenever the cursor moved, or keys were typed on the keyboard.  I'm happy to say that 3D config solved the problem.

I do want to ask some questions.  I have a 64-bit operating system, and I installed Civil 3D per those requirements.  I'm not getting the same information that you specify in your post.  I ran the update yesterday, and thought that I did a repair today to put it to the original install.

Anyways, does it look like I'm up to date with the C3D 64 bit?

AECCVERSION

Command: aeccversion

CompanyName: Autodesk, Inc.
FileDescription: AeccBase DBX
FileVersion: 8,0,2155,0

Message 33 of 43
jmatthei

Himanshu:

I don't want to jump to conclusions on what you said about the pipe layer issue, but my impression is that you don't consider basic layer management to be an important component of Autocad.  This is in fact critical for everyone.  If I want something on one layer to be a thin line, but it instead prints as a thick line, and there is nothing I can do to change this short of exploding everything to basic linework, this is a pretty substantial glitch in the program, and will make me consider not updating to 2011 at all, but remaining on 2010 until this is fixed.  We shouldn't have to request improvements to make basic functionality work again.  If you broke it, please fix it.

---Jeremy

Message 34 of 43
hgohel
in reply to: mmyers

aspencer, mmeyers:

It looks both your installations of Update 1 are correct.

In a previous post I stated that on 64-bit systems "(x64)" would show in the file version for acad.exe, but that is not correct, and it won't be present in that dialog.  The important thing is to see version "116" and that is what both of you have.

Also in the list of installed applications Civil 3D may show "Version 2.1" while within Civil 3D _ABOUT command will show Version 2.  That is also correct.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 35 of 43
sakka252
in reply to: jmatthei

Thank you Jeremy!

I take except to the fact that we have to waste our time complaining about an issue that is basic functionality of AutoCAD, layer management,  in order to get a fix.  It is unacceptable to have something working fine in a previous release and not working in a new release, and we have to waste our time complaining to get a fix.  It is unacceptable to have this issue known from the beta and not have a fix.  Autodesk, when a problem affects users productivity stop what you are doing and fix it.  If a contractor calls me with an issue that affects thier productive this much, I can guarantee you we will have it fixed before I leave the office that day.  Refocus the people working on the Subscription packs and addons, and focus their attention on this issue.  

We do not need new stuff if the stuff we have does not work.

Message 36 of 43
brad.hofman

I too found that toggling hardware acceleration off, then on, eliminated post SP1 flicker on my 64bit C3D 2011

Brad

Message 37 of 43
O.Maille

When I start the install i get;

"A problem prevented the Service Pack from being installed. Contact your system administrator.

Error Code: 1624"

Any idea were to get the error code info?

Message 38 of 43
jasonmacleod
in reply to: aspencer

Toggling Enable Hardware Accelleration off then back on worked for me.  Thanks!

Message 39 of 43
tstewart
in reply to: aspencer

I'm having the same issue as "aspencer"... I get this error when installing SP1 on Civil 3D 2011!

2015i45025F15AA96DE5C

We have a Network Deplyoment of C3D 2011 which installs fine and have our "Data" folder is set to shared. I extracted the .msp file and all that good stuff with no luck!!!

Message 40 of 43
accessmayank
in reply to: O.Maille

I'm also facing the same "error code 1624" issue. Does anyone got solution to that??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report