Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't label certain pipes/structures

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
keith.kempker
6302 Views, 24 Replies

Can't label certain pipes/structures

Can someone tell me why I can't label certain pipes/structures?  I can select the pipe or structure, rt click, add label and I get nothing.  The layer is on cause I can see other labels. I also get the same result when I go to annotation, pipe label.   This only happenes to certain pipes or structure, others in the same network label fine.  I'm kind of at a loss.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
ChuckLamping
in reply to: BLAINEMLLE7

That seems to have done the trick.  It happens in Right-to-Left profile styles.  We changed the profile view properties, stations tab, station range ending station to 50' past the original ending station.  Et voilà! We have labels!

Chuck Lamping 

Civil 3d 2017

Chuck Lamping, PE
Civil 3D 2017 SP1.1
Message 22 of 25
bscott
in reply to: ChuckLamping

I've experienced this in 2018 lately, randomly.  Checked to make sure that my null structure was right on the matchline stationing tick mark in plan view.  If sill no label on profile pipe, then I extend that profile view station limits by .01.  So, my profile view station range would be 5+00 to 10+00.01.  If pipe at the beginning, then 4+99.99 to 10+00.00.

Remember back in the day when we had to do this with corridor regions?

Hope this helps!

Bryan_S
Windows 10 Enterprise
2.40 GHz Dual Xeon Six-Core 64bit / 32gig ram
Nvidia Quadro M4000
3DConnexion CAD Mouse
Message 23 of 25

Running 2018...  There seems to be a bug that will cause labeling issues if you are not in World Coordinates.  Resetting the UCS to "World" will resolve this issue for a myriad of labeling problems.

Message 24 of 25

This has got to be the singularly least helpful and informative thread ever.  Did any of you responding read what this guy wrote?  We all know Civil 3D has huge bugs and makes things difficult.  NONE of you offered any help and I have the exact same problem.  The labels will only show for certain scenarios. I can only label if I select and "Add Label" but that doesn't work for spanning pipes.  I cannot add a label from the "Add Labels" tool in the ribbon for anything, structures or pipes.

Quit filling space on these threads with useless help that can be found on the Autodesk website.  You might as well tell him to turn it off and on.  (massive eye roll)

Message 25 of 25

From the Menu Bar, select General > Add Labels... > Feature: = Pipe Network  >  Label type: = Entire Network Profile,

then select any part in the profile.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report