Can someone tell me why I can't label certain pipes/structures? I can select the pipe or structure, rt click, add label and I get nothing. The layer is on cause I can see other labels. I also get the same result when I go to annotation, pipe label. This only happenes to certain pipes or structure, others in the same network label fine. I'm kind of at a loss.
Is the layer off or frozen?
Is the default label style (command setting) set to None or No Display?
C3D 2012, RD 2012
Win 7 64, Core i7,
6 GB RAM, Quadro FX 1700
Again, it's just certain pipes or structures. The pipes and structures in the same profile view just the downstream from the problem ones label fine.
well, if it's the same thing i've seen on my profiles, even when an alignment starts at 0+00 and goes to something like 1+53 from a few structures, you have to set the profile view to something like -0+50 and 2+00 (or some other value beyond the length of the profile) for those end structure and pipe labels to show up.
But, if it's a band thing, you'll want to check the option to show band labels at start and end...
here is what i usually do.
- check to make sure the pipe or structure is tied to an alignment and right on top of the alignment and not offset
- ensure the pipe or structure is tied to a surface
- run a -PURGE then R for regapps
- then audit
- then REA for regenall.
- also check to ensure that you are still pointing to the correct pipes catalog
- if you still can't label the pipe i will do a pipe swap then swap it back to what it was originally.
Still can't label the pipe. Here is the kicker, I can label the pipe in plan just fine, just not in profile view. Here is what I get:
Select profile view:
Selected entity must be of type: Profile View