Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIvil 3D 2014 Hotfix 1 posted

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
dsimeone
2364 Views, 22 Replies

CIvil 3D 2014 Hotfix 1 posted

Hi folks – Please note that we’ve released Civil 3D 2014 Hotfix 1 on the data/download site that is intended for installation by all users.

The download site includes a detailed readme with information on changes that have been made. At a high-level…

• There are a number of changes that target stability issues that have been identified via CIP (Customer Involvement Program) and/or CER reports that have been uncovered to date.
  • Beyond targeting stability, the team was also able to address a few hot issues that have been identified by customers (including the surface analysis – surface rebuild issue).

Important note – the team worked hard to make the hotfix “un-installable”. Prior to installing, please review the readme as there are a few things to be aware of.   

Thanks

Dave Simeone

Dave.Simeone

Product Line Manager, Autodesk Infrastructure Products
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
fcernst
in reply to: dsimeone

Dave,

How did the Confirmed Defect involving the Section Editor go unaddressed within this Hotfix/patch? We need this addressed ASAP.

It is very competitive out there and we need this Corridor Section Editior capability working correctly for our engineering work.

We want to use the XREF corridor targeting capabilites of Civil 3D 2014 immediately in our corridor design work in conjunction with the Section Editor, software that we have bought and paid in full for.

Thanks

Fred 

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 23
dsimeone
in reply to: fcernst

We're still researching this and other issues that have been reported. The scope for hotfix 1 was relatively small so that we could deliver critical fixes as quickly as possible with as much quality as possible. In some cases, we had to make hard decisions in order to meet the speed/quality criteria. We'll provide more information on status of solutions for the section view-edit issue and other important fixes as things solidfy.

Thanks

Dave Simeone

Dave.Simeone

Message 4 of 23
fcernst

Dave,

The corridor Section Editor is the main component of our corridor design process. As other engineers have stated, we essentially live there throughout the design process. We have to have it. It is unacceptable to have this main design component in a defective state.

This should be at the very top of your priority list.

Thanks

Fred

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 23
klugb

Dave,

Fred is correct that this is a critical issue. We are waiting to switch everyone over to the 2014 Infrastructure Design Suite in our organization but this major issue is stopping deployment. I didn't bother creating a SR as it was a know issues and thought it would be one of the highest priorities.

I can't expect staff to design with this as our section view.

Thanks

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 6 of 23
sboon
in reply to: klugb

I experimented with this briefly but didn't look at it in detail.  It appears to me that Civil3D objects are displayed properly in section view, but plain ACad objects are not being clipped correctly.  Can someone confirm that this is the case?

The question I have is whether this issue was caused by a change within the Civil3d program code for the corridor view editor, or something has been changed in the core ACad software.  If that is the case then we might be waiting a long time for this to get fixed.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 23
Jay_B

Dave,
I agree that the importance of proper functionality of the corridor section editor is a must for implementation of the 2014 Infrastructure design suite. We are planning on rolling out 2014 concurrent with the release of SP1 this fall ,however, if every time a user opens the section editor, they see something similar to Bruce's caption, then we will have to wait as well.
We are anxious to move to 2014 from 2012 but simply can't afford a setback of this magnitude.
We have numerous seats of civil 3d within our organization and the internal support lines would be buzzing if we implemented this release and a fix were unavailable. Our bread and butter is Street reconstruction and new construction and almost all of the plans we produce contain cross sections which include many variables such as residential driveways, sidewalks retaining walls and ditches. all of these sections need to be reviewed and the section editor gets a lot of use on our projects.

We are very hopeful that with SP1 AutoDesk can address this very serious bug.

Thanks,
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous

After installing this Hotfix 1 (and also Hotfix 1 for Map 3D 2014 here), I noticed that OSGeo providers are updated to 3.8 version which causes Map 3D 2013 and also Civil 3D 2013 to not being able to use the MAPIMPORT command anymore because they default to 3.7.

Autodesk can you confirm this?

A workaround is updating the providers.xml in the following directories:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2013\bin\FDO
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\bin\FDO

As described here for actually enabling the MAPIMPORT command in Map 3D and Civil 3D 2014, BEFORE the hotfixes were released.

Best,

John

Message 9 of 23
Jay_B
in reply to: sboon

@sboon wrote:

I experimented with this briefly but didn't look at it in detail.  It appears to me that Civil3D objects are displayed properly in section view, but plain ACad objects are not being clipped correctly.  Can someone confirm that this is the case?

Steve,

I didn't have access to C3d when I initially read this thread but wanted to see if I could get the same results as Bruce posted. I tested a very simple corridor drawing without any Acad entities in it whatsoever and everything seemed normal. Then I attached 3 xrefs that are overlays comprised of AutoCad entities (Utility, Row and Geometric overlays) attached on layer zero (all at zero elevation) and a couple of random lines started to appear in Section  Editor.
Then I drew a few 3d Polylines using node snap and snapped to some C3d Survey Points so the 3D Poly's would be in same elevation range as the sections and in the area of the corridor where I drew them, they appeared in Section Editor. These entities also appear in the other sections that are far away from test stations. The same was true for Mtext and a Circle. I also tried a C3d Feature Line and it didn't display in SE.
In my limited testing, I would agree with your observation that it may have something to do with AutoCad entities.
Bruce,
Can you confirm if the wild lines in your capture are all AutoCad entities?
Section editor.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 10 of 23
klugb
in reply to: Jay_B

Steve and Jay,

Yes, all of the green entities are from my survey drawing that is an xref (BTW, it doesn't matter if it's and xref or not) and "most" of the topo is 3D so it shows up here. The white lines are the leftover from the check sight distance routine which are a block of several 3D lines. I think the blue one was a polyline water line that went from 0 to a 3D elev at one end (my bad).

Looks like you have narrowed it down for sure.

Thanks

Bruce Klug, P.E.
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Message 11 of 23
Jay_B

Yes, all of the green entities are from my survey drawing that is an xref (BTW, it doesn't matter if it's and xref or not) and "most" of the topo is 3D so it shows up here.  

Bruce,

Are the green entities strictly vanilla AutoCad primitives or are Survey Figures or Survey Points showing up in section editor? The reason I'm asking is I don't see any C3d objects such as Survey Figures or Survey Points here.

Thanks,

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 12 of 23
klugb
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay,

No civil 3D entities in the survey base. It's a generic file from a Carlson import.

3D lines, 3d polylines 2D lines, 2D polylines, and points as blocks. Notes are dtext & mtext.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Message 13 of 23
dsimeone

Hi Everyone - Thanks for the detailed feedback that you're all providing. The team is actively resarching the issue. As things progress we'll invite those who are interested into our on-line testing program that we've begun using. Short version is that you can test via a virtual machine hosted by us (aka, no need to download and install a build).

I"ll request names as we get closer to having something you can test.

Thanks

Dave Simeone

Dave.Simeone

Message 14 of 23
fcernst

"...I"ll request names as we get closer to having something you can test."

Geez thanks Dave for continiung to have your customers debug your software free of charge for you on their company time. 

This is totally unacceptable. We  have paid for software from you with the intention of putting it to immediate commercial use for our businesses. The egregious lack of QA procedures for software emanating from your group is getting worse with each release of Civil 3D, full releases and hot fix/sevice packs included.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 15 of 23
RDunkley
in reply to: fcernst

We are in a similar situation here. We have 8 Designers unable to upgrade to 2014 until the Section Editor is fixed.

As stated in other posts, this is unacceptable and should be top of the priority list for Autodesk.

Thanks.
Ross.

Currently using Civil 3D 2022
Message 16 of 23
fcernst
in reply to: RDunkley

This is so unfortunate...

We all continue to suffer financially, and in engineering capability, due to the software's continued poor leadership and management.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous

I have this problem "FDO Provider 'OSGeo.SHP' Not Registered" and can not figure out how to fix it. My company uses Civil 3D 2013. I was told internally that I could load 2014 and now I receive the error. I don't see a fix by Autodesk, can someone help?  Bob, Thanks

Message 18 of 23
dsimeone
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi - There is background on the issue and a technical solution posted on the support site:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21699992&linkID=9240697

Cheers

Dave Simeone

Dave.Simeone

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous

thanks
Message 20 of 23
klugb

Dave,

This thread is about the section editor issues but the link you posted is about the map import/export issues?

Bruce Klug, P.E.
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report