On opening a C3D 2013 drawing, C3D hangs for about 5 minutes. At the bottom of the screen is the message: "Upgrading COGO points". This drawing is only 974KB.
The drawing is being opened from a network . I tried saving it on a local hard drive. That had no effect.
Could the dwg file be looking for a point file that may have been erased, moved or renamed?
C3D 2012, RD 2012
Win 7 64, Core i7,
6 GB RAM, Quadro FX 1700
Here is my check list to see whats going on.
- run a RECOVER command or the RECOVERALL command on the drawing
- run -PURGE ( select Regapps) command on the drawing.
- if you are signed into your Autodesk 360 account but not using the cloud turn off the Enable Cloud stage
- Make sure your data shortcut is linked to the right project.
- Check xref links
- Turn off Hardware Acceleration option (3dconfig command)
- If you are not using the Survey Database features turn off in Toolspace and make sure its not linking to a project
- Open windows task manager and see if you have misc Autodesk application running such as AutoCAD Download Manager, Atutodesk InfoCenter, Aec32bitAppServer.exe, Content Services.
- Last try doing a repari on your C3D
This happened at least a dozen times while I tried various solutions this morning. This afternoon after lunch I opened the drawing again and it opened almost instantaneously. I changed nothing from when I closed the drawing this morning to when I opened it this afternoon.
Thank you all for your help.