Our existing ground profiles are supposed to be dashed lines. Mine are showing up with long segments that are continuous and occasional sements that show uneven dashes.
I've read in other forums that in order to get plinegen to work on profiles they have to be dynamic. I've found a few workarounds to make the profiles in the sheet files dynamic so they will appear correctly.
Please fix it so profiles don't have to be dynamic to appear correctly. The conversations I've read are all from earlier versions of C3D, so this has obviously been an issue for a while. Please fix it.
Some more information to help you understand why this is an issue for me:
Making the existing ground profiles dynamic is not an option for me.
I am working on a very large project. The source file for the surface is 152 MB, and any file that references it as a data reference is 19 MB minimum. I'm working remotely with our satelite office in another part of the state and all the files are located on their server. I'm sure we've all experienced files that crash all the time when they get too big. That problem gets bigger when you're working off a remote server. So to facilitate this arrangement I am doing everything possible to keep the file sizes small.
Here's what I've done:
I have a source file for my alignment and profiles. When I revise the alignment, I delete the old existing ground profile, d-ref the surface, and cut a new surface profile that is dynamic. I give it the same name as the old one so the data shortcuts in my sheet files will be able to find it. When I'm done revising the alignment and profile, I delete the surface from that file. The surface profile becomes static, and the file size is reduced by about 80%. This is fine because I only need the surface profile to be dynamic while I'm actively changing the alignment or FG profile.
All of my sheet files d-ref the alignment, EG, and FG profiles from that file. To get the EG profile to print correctly, I would have to leave the surface in the alignment file to keep the EG profile dynamic. And, according to one post I found, that might not work. I might have to d-ref the surface in every one of my sheet files and cut surface profiles right there in the sheet file. That's not acceptable.