Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
joantopo
311 Views, 7 Replies

my wishes

I´m using Civil 3D 2012 SP1

Forgive me for my English. I'm translating from Spanish.

-The mark of a point style can use a block.
I want to use a dynamic block and can be used.

This block has a different dynamic states of visibility andscale action, but when I select a point with that style ofpoint, in the properties window can not change the visibility status.

In short, the mark point is a dynamic block but becomeCOGO lose about dynamic block functionality.

This would be very handy because we could have differentkinds of trees in one block, different types of lamp in a single block without having to create endless blocks separately and in turn, its corresponding point style.

'If I have many styles of points, a long list appears in the folder point style (tab space configuration tools)
I think the program should create sub folders in the style(at least for the styles of points), thus, would have the symbol library in folders within the folder style point.

Greetings.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
el_nath
in reply to: joantopo

I think it a great idea to simplify the styles list.  However, I'm not sure it will work out as intended.  When using description keys to assign styles to imported points, how can the correct style be applied if one style has several visibility states?  Maybe a solution would be to allow child styles of points and have the child styles automatically created from the visibility states of a dynamic block.

Example workflow...

Civil 3D: Warning! The selected block is dynamic block with 5 visibilty states. Do you wish for child styles to be automatically created?

User: Yes.

Civil 3D: 1 parent style and 4 child styles created.  Have a nice day!

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
Message 3 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: el_nath

Or add an optional Visibility State to the Description Key definition

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 8
joantopo

Yes, it's a good idea but are still created the same amount of point styles.

And that gives work to create a dynamic block visibilitywith different states is much larger than several blocks toassign a style for each point.

The problem is having too many styles of point withoutbenefit of dynamic blocks with several states of visibility.

I also use descriptive keys to autocroquis and a solutioncould be, for example:

If I have the key descriptive (code) = tree, and select astyle for that key point that uses a dynamic block, the tableof descriptive key cosetsto create for that code suffixes to the relevant code and associate the visible state.

For example:

code = tree    separator=_

sub-code =palm      visibility state = palm 
    sub-code =orange       visibility state= orange tree

I create as many sub-codes(sufix) as visibility states have the block.

In the field controller, I would use the code "tree_palm","tree_orange", etc. ..

Also, if I change the description key of the point properties , then, change the visibility of mark.

Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000

https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
Message 5 of 8
joantopo
in reply to: Jeff_M

Yes.

This is my last proposal, accurate

Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000

Message 6 of 8
el_nath
in reply to: Jeff_M

The problem is lies in that for Civil 3D styles are a form of visibilty state.  So to have a style with several visibility states is like having a style with styles.  Lots of chaos can ensue.  That's why I proposed automatically generated child styles (or just styles).

Senior Civil Engineer
Message 7 of 8
joantopo
in reply to: el_nath

OK.

You're right.

Anyway, it is necessary to create sub-folders in the folder "style point" to organize and store point styles in folders.

The folder "style point" can not create sub folders.

If I have many styles about different types of trees, I wouldhave a folder "trees" into the folder "style point".

Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000

Message 8 of 8
el_nath

You're right!  Why can't one organize say for instance surface styles into various child styles categories (contours, watersheds, etc...).  It seems child styles are only applicable to Civil 3D labels, not tables, not object styles, only labels.

Senior Civil Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report