cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
dulin75
423 Views, 2 Replies

layer filters

I have noticed that with styles comes a ton of layers and layer filters is the way to work through them.  However, is it possible to create a layer filter option on the ribbon so i don't have to open my layer properties manager every time I want to change filters?   Our Microstation users have this ability and just can't believe we don't!  Unless I am just missing something!

thanks

Shawn Dulin

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: dulin75

That was one of the first things I added to the ribbon on our company cuix.

In the CUI, in the bottom left in the command list area, change the drop down that says "All Commands Only" to "Ribbon Control Elements", in the search box just above the drop down start typing "LayerFilterComboControl" when the command appears, drag it to the ribbon panel you want, or Quick Access Toolbar.

We use layer filters more than layer states so I move the layer states drop down below the slideout on the Home-Layers panel and put the LayerFilterComboControl in it's place.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 3

Can't get this to work

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report