Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change "mid-ordinate distance"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
joantopo
5476 Views, 5 Replies

change "mid-ordinate distance"

I would like to edit the breaklines created.

For example, to change the value of "mid-ordinate distance" to give greater detail of the arches in the TIN.

In the "drawing settings-> ambient settings" I would add the parameter "mid-ordinate distance" with the values ​​of "Yes / No".
If you have activated "Yes", use a value of "mid-ordinate distance" and apply it to all boundaries and breaklines. (general parameter for all breaklines and boundaries)

Currently, if you want to change this value of "mid-ordinate distance" again I have to create another breakline with the changed value.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
emelendez
in reply to: joantopo

I second this. I know this is from a few months back, but it is still valuable.

I know that is the breakline is created from a feature line, you can go back and manually add PI's at an increment to the feature line but that takes effect for the entire feature line. sometimes you just want to tighten up a curve.

Edwin Melendez
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional
Certification No. 00319327
Message 3 of 6
sboon
in reply to: emelendez

Check the 3D Geometry tab of the Site Properties dialog.  I believe that the control you're looking for is there.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 6
troma
in reply to: sboon

Steve,
What does that setting control?

I think the original question was with regard to using a feature line as a breakline in a TIN surface. When you add the f-line as a breakline, you set the mid-ordinate distance in that dialog box. Is there any way to change that setting later and update the TIN? Is this effected at all by the setting you mention?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 6
Neilw_05
in reply to: troma

Currently the only way to update the mid-ordinate, weeding and supplementing settings on on featurelines that have already been added to surface is to remove them and re-add them with new settings. Not only is this process cumbersome but adding to the pain is the fact that there is no way to select the featurelines graphically to remove them from the surface definition (unless you erase them and restore with the OOPS command). Without a means to select graphically, the process to determine which breakline groups a number of featurelines belong to is a lesson in tedium.

For now it is up to the user to understand the consequences of adding featurelines with the wrong settings. It's a hard lesson learned. And even if we do understand, we may want to change those settings later. A case in point is when we are roughing out a design we may want to use degraded settings to improve surface processing performance, but as we get closer to final design we need to tighten up the model.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 6 of 6
troma
in reply to: Neilw_05

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report