Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Figure's Imported as 2d Poly's

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lhampton
430 Views, 3 Replies

Survey Figure's Imported as 2d Poly's

A large amount of surveyors are having trouble with your guys "Survey Figures" they are proving to be very un-intuitive and hard to use. Rather than go into the VERY lengthy list of things wrong/unfunctioning with your Survey Figures, please consider adding a pass-through for Surveyors' that want old functionality back. This pass-through would still incorporate the desc. key stuff but instead only spit out 2d polylines instead of Survey Figures.

I know there's about 10 of you that are reading this that want to make a big long shpeal about how much better C3D is because of this or that, please just save it. I use C3D and am aware of its (many) shortfalls in the survey functionality, this is a simple request coming from me and the 25 other survey engineers that I work with that are having trouble with these Survey Figures. We do pay you guys around $20k a year to use this software, we have a right to be heard.

Intel i7 2600 /z68 Gigabyte
8gigs DDR3 1800
Intel 320 Series SSD
Quadro 600 (1gig)
C3D 2016 / LDT 2009 / Win7 x64
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lhampton
in reply to: lhampton

Bump

Intel i7 2600 /z68 Gigabyte
8gigs DDR3 1800
Intel 320 Series SSD
Quadro 600 (1gig)
C3D 2016 / LDT 2009 / Win7 x64
Message 3 of 4
nmessina

I agree we never draw our Survey's in 3D, its just way to cumbersome dealing with 3D curves.  Also it causes problems with our engineering/drafting department, when they need to use our linework to create hatches, to extend and trim lines when they are in 3d.

Nicholas, Messina Jr., PSM
Message 4 of 4
TerryDotson

You can of course hold out in hopes this will come to be.  But if you were to consider an option that is available now take a look at the Point AutoDraw functionality in MapWorks Points, a low cost add-on.  You can use AECC Points to generate LwPolys and graded 3dPolys at the same time (on separate layers) and more.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report