Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sections & Profiles - Linetype Generation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
500 Views, 2 Replies

Sections & Profiles - Linetype Generation

Would like to have linetype generation enabled on sections and profiles I know if works if your profile is set to dynamic instead of static, but there's no known fix for sections. It should just work and be something we don't have to worry about. In fact Linetype generation should be set to yes for everything. We want steady dashes if our profile or section is existing. we don't want a weird line with maybe two dashes displayed. Please fix this, I don't want to have to trace over my existing sections in 50 section views.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PaulHodek6386
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree with you on the linetype generation in sections and profiles. What I would also like to see as it pertains to profiles is the ability to adjust the profile grid. i.e. whenever I had a steep profile I would "STEP" the grid to follow the profile by simply deleating the unused grid and also stepping the existing and proposed elevations and stations. I do not know if Civil-3D can handle this since it would be a rather complex situation.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Paul
If I understand you correctly there is a way to 'step' the profile,
it's called 'split profile' in the C3D profile view properties under the
'Elevations' tab. You can select the station at which it happens and
reset the datum for each split piece as well as set a unique profile
view style for each split piece(Particularly useful for noting the
elevations on the middle section without obliterating the profile itself).

It still doesn't fix the linetype generation problem was the original
posters issue.

Bon Chance,
Matt

On 4/15/2010 10:09 AM, PaulHodek6386 wrote:
> I agree with you on the linetype generation in sections and profiles. What I would also like to see as it pertains to profiles is the ability to adjust the profile grid. i.e. whenever I had a steep profile I would "STEP" the grid to follow the profile by simply deleating the unused grid and also stepping the existing and proposed elevations and stations. I do not know if Civil-3D can handle this since it would be a rather complex situation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report