Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC: Target Params -> Preview OFF

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
doni49
799 Views, 1 Reply

SAC: Target Params -> Preview OFF

I really like how I can preview what the SA will look like by changing the Target Params "Preview" value.  But it would be really helpful if I could mark the param as OFF so that I can see what the SA will do if it can't find the target.

I'm envisioning a checkbox in the Preview Column of the "Target Parameters" tab.  If I turn off the check box, the value is grayed out and the preview window reflects what the SA would do if that target is not found.  If I turn the check box back on, the value is enabled again and I can change the value to get the same (existing) functionality.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: doni49

Totally agree! You can 'sort of' do this with Layout Mode but you can't turn off some targets while keeping others on. It would be very convenient to be able to interact with them independently (which is often the case with optional targets). 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report