Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining Wall SubAssembly Suggestion

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
Anonymous
1129 Views, 26 Replies

Retaining Wall SubAssembly Suggestion

I don't know about the rest of you, but none of the retaining wall subassemblies supplied with C3D 2007 (please correct me if 2008 has this) are suitable for what we do. I have a suggestion for the type of Wall S.A. I would like to work with.
It is a generic type of segmental retaining wall, but could be toggled to show or hide the individual blocks. The DWF shows it in more detail. Any thoughts?
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
dana.probert
in reply to: Anonymous

you are in BC right? do you ever work with Blair or Ernie from Keystone? if so, tell them I said a hearty hellooo.
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous

Ernie Bone? Yes, I've dealt with him many times. Mostly when he was with CCI. Our kids cross paths at the hockey rink too. I will pass it along.
Message 4 of 27
dana.probert

don't tell anyone, but i used to work for CCI. ssshh 🙂
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous

Now that's a well thought out and illustrated wish.

Matt
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous

Sealed!

Then you know exactly what I'm trying to show and how the existng S.A.'s just don't cut it.
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous

What the heck! Seeing as I've already asked why not ask for the full meal deal!

I've modified the plot slightly to include slopes for the top & toe zones, sloped footings and additional point codes for profile attachment.

One comment I'd like to see applied to the other wall S.A.'s is the ability to set any of the widths or heights to zero without it going into convultions.
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous

Bob Barker is retiring, however, someone else may show up if:

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!

Bill

wrote in message news:5685684@discussion.autodesk.com...
What the heck! Seeing as I've already asked why not ask for the full meal
deal!

I've modified the plot slightly to include slopes for the top & toe zones,
sloped footings and additional point codes for profile attachment.

One comment I'd like to see applied to the other wall S.A.'s is the ability
to set any of the widths or heights to zero without it going into
convultions.
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous

wfb,...WTF are you talking about? 🙂
Message 10 of 27
Anonymous

Someone will do it for you if you come up with the money.
Is the snow still on the ground there?

wrote in message news:5686956@discussion.autodesk.com...
wfb,...WTF are you talking about? 🙂
Message 11 of 27
cadtown

I find your retaining wall interesting...
What would be your alignment/profile attachment point(s) ?...

Peter,
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous

How about any of those identified points. Depends on how you wanted to define the horizontal geometry for your wall, but with alternate attachment points at the top/back and at the toe you could use this same subassembly in either a cut or fill situation. Also with an option to include or omit the swale and daylight links you could build onto this with other subassemblies.
Message 13 of 27
cadtown

How does this look ? All parameters/dimensions are variables as you specified... I used Section3D to create dynamic subassembly & corridor in 20 minutes, and two profiles to control top and bottom of the ret wall. It was actually quite easy !

Peter,
Message 14 of 27
cadtown

and some X-Sections in the viewer exaggerated in vertical scale factor of two...
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous

Peter,

That looks pretty much like what I wanted.

I understand that you are the author of Section 3D and that you left CAD MicroSolutions. Did you retain the rights to the program? the reason I ask is I downlaoded the demo version of 2007 from their website, but the email adress to send the install code to is still your old address and no one's gotten back to me. Do you have a licence file I could use or should I be hounding them?

The other question I had was is "2007 Demo Program" only for C3D 2007 or can the "2008 Demo Program" be used on C3D 2007 as well?

I would also be interested in the dwg file and whatever other associated file were required to produce your example. I'd like to play around with it if I could. You can email me directly if you don't want to post it here. perisonkatmmmdotca.
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous

Peter,
I'm working on a trail with a very similar situation...actually it is identical and I need some help with the retaining wall sub assembly. The one they send with 2008 is worthless because it has an error in it. I need to create a retaining wall varying in height with a back ditch. I'm basically benching under an interstate overpass and need a retaining wall in a cut situation with the trail on the downhill side. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have a deadline on Thursday and a extreme amount of things to get done and cant seem to get past this disaster.

Thanks,

Aaron
Message 17 of 27
KPerison

Just bumping this up to the top of the list. Is any one at autodesk looking into this type of sub assembly?
Message 18 of 27
KPerison

Another bump to the top of the heap with a revised sketch.
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous

Hi KPerison,

I LOVE the DWF post. The intelligence in this file is fantastic.

And it's only 32Kb in size.

Why, oh why don't Autodesk push using these Files.

Why, oh why do users want crap like PDF files?

Regards,

Laurie Comerford

KPerison wrote:
> Another bump to the top of the heap with a revised sketch.
Message 20 of 27
Anonymous

Has there been any further progress on this? This is exactly the type of wall subassembly I need. Is there a site to download from or can someone attach the relevant file(s) here?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report