AutoCAD Civil 3D Wishes (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Localize Masking for Data Shortcuts Please!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jalneal
700 Views, 2 Replies

Localize Masking for Data Shortcuts Please!

I really love the new feature in 2012 with alignments, where you can mask the alignment.  This has had the most use for me where multiple projects reference the same base alignment (state routes here in GA where I work.)   However, it seems masking has one big limiation - which makes me wonder if I'm even missing something.  When I use an alignment as a data shortcut, I cannot mask out parts of the alignment, which is where it seems this would be the most handy!  My workaround at present involves promoting existing alignments (assuming since they are existing they will not change) but I'm nervous that if the project goes a long time and survey data is updated or modified, or an error fixed, it won't be dynamically linked.   Since I have little reason to mask the parent alignment, I hope to see masking localized ot the local files in future releases. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan Neal, P.E.
Autodesk Infrastructure Suite Premium 2012/2013
Windows 7, x64
Xeon E31225 w/ Quadro 600
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LK_Indy
in reply to: jalneal

Same issue here.  Guess we should add this to the "wish list".

Message 3 of 3
ravivaish
in reply to: jalneal

Having the same issue. Masking will be great for data shortcut alignments. Please include this!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report