Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improved pipe network in section views and profile views

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
el_nath
286 Views, 0 Replies

Improved pipe network in section views and profile views

It may have been mentioned before, but I'll mention it again.

When a pipe is shown in section view,  the pipe, if angled, is shown as an stretched polygon approximating an ellipse. The end of the pipe is not correctly displayed and is not truncated at the end, and in the section view it appears that the pipe is longer than it really is.  What should appear in the section view, is a truncated ellipse, truncated at the pipe network structure or in my particular case, at the pipe end (there was no structure, the culvert simply stuck out of a rip-rap slope).  The end of the pipe needs to shown correctly in the section views.

Clipboard01.jpg

I think I also wrote before, but pipe network structure walls, floors, top slabs need to be correctly shown in profile views and section views as well.  The sump (or lack of) needs to be graphically indicated.

Additionally (am I asking for too much?), there needs to be a way to tie an alignment and profile to a pipe run.  Specifically, many drainage systems are designed to be on a cradle or fully encased (concrete, gravel bedding, etc...).  Subassemblies can do this, and a corridor model can be generated, however, the corridor model of the cradle or encasement is not dynamically linked to the pipe network.  The agency that I work for wants graphically shown on profile views all cradle and encasements (including structure bedding, which I haven't even gotten into) as well as piles (under both structures and pipes).  All of which needs to be dynamically linked to the pipe network.

Piles. Oh boy, where do I begin with that?

Thanks.

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report