AutoCAD Civil 3D Wishes (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish Civil 3D would leave the yearly release cycle.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
civilspace
624 Views, 5 Replies

I wish Civil 3D would leave the yearly release cycle.

I wish Civil 3D would leave the yearly release cycle, stabilize, and release significant upgrades periodically as dot versions.

There.  That's my wish. 

I think that if it actually worked that way, we'd all be working on Civil 3D 3.4 right now.  As opposed to Civil 3D 2012 (Release 6).

If you agree with this - add your voice here.  This is a valid wish, not a rant.  Please issue Kudos where appropriate.

Regards,
Anthony
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
civilspace
in reply to: civilspace

I find it difficult to believe that no one of the 41 viewers so far, would agree with me on this.

Regards,
Anthony
Message 3 of 6
wfberry

BECAUSE:

It ain't gonna happen!

As I have always said:

"To survive in this business world, the goal is to separate the sucker from his money."

Bill

Message 4 of 6
civilspace
in reply to: wfberry

Oh.. I agree it'll never happen, but I'd sure as hell like Autodesk to know who is pleased with the new way of doing business and who isn't.  It is a wish afterall... 

Regards,
Anthony
Message 5 of 6
dorkyfreak

I agree with you. Even it's a bi-annual release is still better. The annoying thing is that is not backwork compatible so even when the new release is not that significant of a change, everyone still need to upgrade...otherwise we have to take time to find the object enabler or change some settings just so we can view the later versions. In the end, we're just waiting a few years or until a project is over before moving on to the new release.
Message 6 of 6
deltacoolguy

I agree with the OP, also, but... as has been said, it's all about the money, not the user.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report