Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Cross Section Edit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
582 Views, 2 Replies

Group Cross Section Edit

When I have a long alignment, say 8 miles, with cross sections every 50 feet, It would be very handy to select multiple sections in the Section View Group Properties window and group edit the selected set of cross sections and adjust their offset and/or elevation range all at the same time vs. editing one at a time.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

I'll second that.

It would be like Match Properties for section views. That could be the wish: support the passing of properties between section views through Match Properties. Either that or add a special Match Properties button to the Section ribbon. Or, just make it so when you select multiple sections views, right click and pick Section View Properties, and make changes, they apply to all the sections you selected not just the first.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes this situation is quite fustrating.  Doug and I had dicussed it over the phone early this year.  Another issue with cross sections that I would like to find a solution too is adding sample lines to an existing sample line group and then udpating the cross sections with the new sections in place.  It's easy to get rid of unwanted sections but adding new sections seems to be a pain in the butt!  I don't want to have to recreate the section views.  If you re sample you lose your edits.  Any solutions to this problem?  Am I missing something?  Updating section view layout doesn't work.  I guess the way I would want this to work is I do my intial sampling at a 50 foot intervals, create my mutiple views and then if I want to add sections at crtical stations I just add a sample line to the group and update the layout.  Seems simple to me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report