Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature line smoothing within the corridor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
doni49
866 Views, 1 Reply

Feature line smoothing within the corridor

You already have the code to smooth the feature lines created by the corridor (extract feature line with the smoothing options).

I'd like to be able to use this without having to export the featureline(s).  What I'm envisioning would be an additional column on the "Feature lines" tab of the Corridor Properties dialog box.  Clicking this column in a feature line's specific row, would present a dialog box with the rquired settings (deviation etc).  This dialog box should also allow me to apply different deviation etc settings to different regions.

Lastly, allow me the option of only smoothing within curved portions of the corridor.  Recently when I extracted some featurelines, it attempted to smooth the tangent portion as well and this produced some STRANGE results.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
don.ireland
in reply to: doni49

P.S.  I realize that the corridor drops an assembly and moves on.  As such it can't do the smoothing at that time.

What I propose is that at the end of (re)building the corridor, one additional pass should be made to go back and apply smoothing as required.  It wouldn't take any longer to do this than it does now to (re)build the corridor and then create the featurelines that I've exported/smoothed with the Dynamic Link maintained.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report