Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Mapcheck of Site Boundary

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MarkPendergraft
373 Views, 2 Replies

Export Mapcheck of Site Boundary

I wish that you could export a mapcheck for an entire site's boundary.  Municipalities in my area require mapcheck or lot closure calcs for just about everything, including the overall boundary of a project.  Currently I have to create a minimum of 2 sites for every plat I do.  1 for the overall boundary of the site (which we show as a slightly thicker line than the lots, with heavier L100 dimensions) and 1 for all of the lots.  The problem with creating two sets of parcels, is that when something changes, I have to change it twice which kind of defeats the purpose of the entire idea of the model driven design.

I wish you could add an area label to a Site, and that you could export a mapcheck of the exterior boundary in addition to the parcels for the entire site.

-Mark P.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: MarkPendergraft

You can already add the Area Label for the site. Go to the Prospector, sites. In the grid display at the bottom all the sites will be listed, here you can assign the Area Label Style.

I whole heartedly agree about the boundary mapcheck, though.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
MarkPendergraft
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff.  Your reply actually provided me with a workaround.  If you add a site area label, then select it, it responds like a parcel.  You can then right-click and go to Parcel Properties.  One of the tabs provides a mapcheck analysis.  However you still can't export it to a text file, I had to copy and paste it out of the dialog.

Hopefullly they will add the option to export the mapcheck for the entire site soon, until then, I will use this workaround.

-Mark P.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report