Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Surface/Feature Line from Section Views/Section View Groups

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
el_nath
419 Views, 2 Replies

Create Surface/Feature Line from Section Views/Section View Groups

I wish to have the ability to create surfaces from polylines drawn on a Section View or a surface from polylines drawn on a Section View Group. This is has numerous uses.

One should be able to create a feature line by selecting the section view and the polyline. One should also be able to create a surface by selecting sny section view that is part of a section view group and then selecting the polylines that define that surface.

The command routine should be able to warn the user of any polylines that vertically overlap themsleves and will be rejected, while being able to construct the surface from the remaining polylines.

While there are techniques for "reverse engineering" a surface/feature line, they are quite time consuming and tedious.

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: el_nath

I've heard this request before, so you're not the only one asking for it.

If it's a big enough pain to you that you would pay for a solution, I can connect you to people who could do that for you, or just go to the Civil 3D customization group and ask. That's where the programmers hang out.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
el_nath
in reply to: tcorey

I'm considering learning VB.NET and fooling around with the C3D API. I don't think my small compnay would be willing to pay for any extras.

(sigh)

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report