Did you mean: 

Crazy Civil 3D Idea - Conversion from 2D DWG to 3D DWG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
beckhen
905 Views, 2 Replies

Crazy Civil 3D Idea - Conversion from 2D DWG to 3D DWG

Hi all,

First and foremost, my sincerest apologies if this is not classified under civil 3D as I am new to civil engineering industry. Just wondering if it is possible to have a software to gather all plan, section and elevation autocad drawings for all levels for a complete building and convert them into 3D building view just within minutes? The software must be able to capture all critical information from the autocad drawings in order to generate that building in 3D format. Assuming that money is not a problem to design a software like this, is there anyone who is willing to come out with a software like this (or is this even available now in the first place)?

The whole idea is just to have a preliminary concept of how the building looks like, without spending too much time to generate the 3D building manually.

Thanks in advance! 😃

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
troma
in reply to: beckhen

Sounds more like Architectural than Civil.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: troma

Chances are somebody with that amount of drawings generated them from a 3D source in the first place.  If not, then there is always the chance of critical insconsistencies which would break the 2D/3D process or at least gibble the resulting output.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report