cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Civil3DReminders
396 Views, 1 Reply

Corridor Solids

This is getting frustrating. I'm trying to create a subassembly for a Caltrans Retaining wall with a barrier on top, but since it has crooks and crannies I need to create at least four surfaces to get the darn thing to show up in actual 3D software. When can we expect a product with 3D in it's name to join the 3D world? One way to solve this would be to create solids as well as surfaces when modeling a corridor. This would make it super easy to bring into other Autodesk 3D software packages such as Navisworks and 3ds Max without the madening creation of numerous Civil 3D surfaces.

Not that I think about it a little more I think I need 5 surfaces to model it in surfaces.

Christopher

http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Did the corridor solids solve the retaining wall visualization?

I think you are correct in your post but there is more.

The 3D solid will make it 'super easy to bring into other Autodesk 3D software packages such as Navisworks and 3ds Max without' what we will call step A, ' the madening creation of numerous Civil 3D surfaces' but visualization is where the benfit ends - if you are making a quantity takeoff the solids will not help and you are back to step A simply to satisfy the quantities.

notes while reviewing the corridor solids

A holistic solution is needed to meet all the core criteria for design, analysis, construction documents, visualization, and quantity takeoff. The 3D solids satisfies visualization phasing so it is a new high point for C3D and a point to depart from.

Forest Peterson, granite@stanford.edu; build-sheet

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report