Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D styles - associate it to annotative scale

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Hammer.john.j
2909 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D styles - associate it to annotative scale

It's obvious that after 5 years of this program (or more) assigning civil 3d styles to the viewport scale was a mistake that was never caught when you (autodesk) bought the kernel.  To this day, this has to be one of the most unneccessary backwards issues in the program.

If you make mtext, dtext, mleaders, blocks, etc. scale off the annotation scale why wouldn't you do the same thing for the C3D styles?

answer:

it was a mistake that never got caught

PLEASE FIX IT because it is illogical that my line/curve styles contained in an xref appear correctly in a viewport but not model space...

John Hammer, LA/CADD Manager
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: Hammer.john.j

Just adjust your annotation scale to what your viewport scale is. Labels will then match in both model and paper space
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 3 of 7
Hammer.john.j
in reply to: sjg

If your Civil 3D styles are contained within an xref, they will not change scale in model space, the only way to get them to change scale is open the source drawing, change the annotative scale, save the xref, reload the xref.

the comments at the bottom of this article sum it up also

http://www.civil4d.com/2010/07/civil-3d-annotation-scaling-revisited/

John Hammer, LA/CADD Manager
Message 4 of 7
nmessina
in reply to: sjg

I want to agree with the original poster!!  It would be great if Label Styles worked like MLEADER, MTEXT, and DIMS whereas, you can have multiple Annotative Scales assigned for each Label Styles.   The beauty with Annotative Scaling is that, especially with MLEADER is that you can have different locations of the text for each assigned Annotative Scale.

I would like to also add the following request to Civil 3D Styles (Labels)

1. All Label Styles especially "Line/Curve" Labels should allow users to rotate the label in dragged state independently, just like Point Label Styles have that ability.
  2. Global Text Mask ON/OFF override for all Label Styles.
  3. Label Styles Widths work like MTEXT and MLEADER whereas, you can graphically slide the width of each Label independently.  
  4. Extract Style Labels from XREFS into the current drawing as an MLEADER. This command would automatically turn off the selected label and create a separate MLEADER to replace the Label Styles. 
  5. I would like to see Style Labels, allow prefix/suffix layering setting, such as [ *-TXT ] or [ *-COGO ] just as Civil 3D Objects opperate. So if I have a Parcel on layer  "V-BNDY" and I add Line/Curve Labels its automatically placed on "V-BNDY-COGO". and it I have a Parcel on layer "V-PLAT-LINE" the label same label will be on layer "V-PLAT-LINE-COGO".

Nicholas, Messina Jr., PSM
Message 5 of 7
troma
in reply to: nmessina

& add spellcheck capability for Notes and Labels.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 7
el_nath
in reply to: nmessina

For 2....

This can be done through the label style defaults for the entire drawing.

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
Message 7 of 7
troma
in reply to: el_nath

That works for the "entire drawing" but only for one style at a time.  If you have 100 styles in use....you have to change them one at a time.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report